Bay Area (Hwy 1) Cruise -- Memorial Day, 5/30/05 --

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My old C5 Corvette buddies are putting together another Bay Area cruise. Last weekend we had 23 Vettes and 4 Vipers. I'd love to get some more of our Viper brothers out this time. Should be an awesome cruise. I know it's last minute, but how can you pass this one up?!?!?!?

Christian
P.S. Call/email me with any questions:

[email protected]
[email protected]
(925) 734-0990 office

By popular demand we’re putting together a last minute Memorial Day cruise from Walnut Creek over to Pacifica, down the coast, and then up to Alice’s Restaurant at the top of Skyline for lunch (via Hwy-84 through La Honda). We’ll stop along the way for a mid-morning beverage of choice, sipped at cliff’s edge overlooking the Pacific from the lush grounds of the Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton Hotel (beverages available at the hotel bar, then a short walk out the doors to the ocean cliffs).

Morning gathering spot will be a repeat of Sunday’s Napa Valley cruise gathering point – My office at 101 Ygnacio Valley Rd, in Walnut Creek (directions below). But we’ll meet a bit earlier – Meet at 8:30 (I’ll provide bagels, pastry & Starbucks again) – Then we’ll get rolling at 9am.

For those who may want to join us mid-morning, the entrance to the Ritz Carlton is gated at a guardhouse. Simply let the gate person know you’re meeting a group at the bar and want to check out the hotel. They’ll waive you in. Parking is valet only. Free valet parking with receipt from The Conservatory (their bar). But you should tip the guys if they hand your car back to you with tread still on the rear tires! Actually, I’ve had my Vette there and they employ very top-notch valet staff. They get a lot of very high-end cars through the place. So as much as I know most of us cringe at the idea of some pimple-faced valet kid hopping in the driver’s seat, I think you’ll feel at ease with these folks. I’m guessing we’ll hit Half Moon Bay by 10:30 at the latest. We’ll probably head back along Hwy-1 by 11:15 or so???

Then HWY-1 South to Hwy-84, through La Honda to Alice's Restaurant at the summit of Skyline Blvd -- Some nice twisty roads -- Makes for a fun romp!

Please post to this thread so we have a rough head count. Thanks! We had a great group of people for the Napa cruise last Sunday (23 cars). Hope to see a lot of the same faces and new ones too. Come on out and join us for a fun drive! See ya’ Monday Morning!

BTW – This will probably be posted on a couple of Viper Forums as well. We had 4 Vipers last trip and it made a really nice mix of people and cars. Had a very nice Mustang Cobra join us too. Yeah, we told him he’d have to peddle real fast!

Some links to our stopping points:
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/half_moon_bay/
http://www.calhsta.org/library/alices.html

Directions to Starting Point

101 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek
Corner of Ygnacio Valley Road and Oakland Blvd – Between the BART tracks and Hwy 680.

If coming from the South or West, exit 680/24 at Ygnacio Valley Road – Keep to far left of off-ramp -- Make u-turn at end of ramp – And you’re there.

If you’re coming from the North, from 680 Southbound exit North Main Street (Head South-Downtown – Just keep to your right) – 1/4 mile, veer right onto California – Another 1/4 mile, turn right onto Ygnacio Valley – At first light, turn left onto Oakland Blvd – And you’re there. Get lost? – Call me @ 1-877-605-2016.

GTS1998

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like a great cruise. Whatever you do, Do Not leave any of the Vipers unattended in Pacifica if you stop there.

GTS1998

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to go, but it may be a family day. I'm still working on the wife. I am a little worried about the "Valet Only" parking thing at the Ritz. Nobody drives my Viper, Too many horror stories.

OP
OP
C

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully you'll be able to make it out, at least for a couple hours. I'm sure there will be a few guys that can only come out for part of the day. I'm still not sure what our child care issues will be so my wife and I may only be able to run for 3 hours or so. I'm sure we can work out the valet issue as well. I really don't want anyone touching my car either.

Christian

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery