BAZ inspired me! (detailing thread)

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With my RT/10 in the air for the next few weeks while I do modding/maint. work (exhaust, cats, shifter, brake pads, fluids), I was inspired my BAZ and his pics.

When I pulled the wheels, I didn't plan on spending almost 2hrs on one wheelwell to clean things up, but it looked like there was 10yrs of crap built up and I can't stand a dirty car, so with BAZ's recent thread in mind...

Before and after (I've only done one side so far):

You must be registered for see images

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yup did that to my car when i got it. It took a while to get all the grim off of them. Now its time to do them again.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With my RT/10 in the air for the next few weeks while I do modding/maint. work (exhaust, cats, shifter, brake pads, fluids), I was inspired my BAZ and his pics.

When I pulled the wheels, I didn't plan on spending almost 2hrs on one wheelwell to clean things up, but it looked like there was 10yrs of crap built up and I can't stand a dirty car, so with BAZ's recent thread in mind...

Before and after (I've only done one side so far):

Wow... looks great. Can you share what you used to get everything so nice?:)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did that 2day too. Had the halfshafts out and the shock/springs off for other work, so it was easy sailing.

We should start a club. We'll call it:

Those that care what their car looks like where you really can't see it.

Is that a good club name?

Too long?

And yeah, about 2 hours per side. I'm thorough.

I used kerosene, then citrus cleaner, then soap and a scrub brush.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it takes me about 1 1/2 hours to do ONE wheel too. i do this every winter along with cleaning the whole underside of the car and waxing the bellypan and what part of the frame i can get to.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum... Would you be our President?

I'll bring beer and wings, and you give chassis waxing demos.

Chad will show up late, and then we'll go to ******* to review.

Are you in?

OP
OP
C

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I used was Simple Green (is people!!:omg: ), terry towels, rags, whatever as I throw them out because they get so disgusting, and a screwdriver to get the towels into tight spots and crannies where my fat fingers can't get to!:eater:

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have also spent some time behind the wheel-amazing how it looks after a few hours. However, I can never seem to get the splash shields/inner wheel wells shiny clean-what do y'all use on them to get the nice and clean?

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this project last year too. My wife had bought me a can of some stuff from Autozone that was a spray on engine cleaner that left a shine. I didn't want to use it on the engine but it worked great on the suspension and fender liners. It just sprays on, let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse it off. It took two coats but the results were fantastic, everything looked like new. Time to do it again soon, but I'll wait for summer. This is the season to be driving:drive: .

D

DAMN YANKEE

One of the few things BAZ can inspire someone to do that isn't a parole violation.....

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did that 2day too. Had the halfshafts out and the shock/springs off for other work, so it was easy sailing.

We should start a club. We'll call it:

Those that care what their car looks like where you really can't see it.

Is that a good club name?

Too long?

And yeah, about 2 hours per side. I'm thorough.

I used kerosene, then citrus cleaner, then soap and a scrub brush.

I think a better name for the club would be "The OCD Club".....Old Codgers that Detail......
:rolaugh: :lmao:

JK