bbs offsets

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have heard mixed messages on whether or not you need to change the inner rims on rear bbs wheels from 10" offset to 9" offset with the newly spec'ed vrl tires.....i would like to avoid this expense if possible....any advice from folks who have run the smaller rear tires or suggestions from pvo/hoosier??

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don, I think you mean from 13 to 12 if you are referring to the rear rims on a Comp Coupe, the front original fronts are 11 and they are taken to 10 for some tires. I have driven the toyo WC tires on both width's of rim. The tire looks a little funny on the wide rim and is difficult to mount but it will work. I do not have much to offer on the performance or cornering power difference. I couldn't tell with the short experience offered. By bringing the rim halves narrower we were able to reduce the tire slipping or spinning so to speak, on the rim. A mark on the tire and the rim can provide you with a reference to identify this problem. Don't get your ******* in a bunch over this tho, small issue.

OP
OP
D

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info bob...the offsets 9" and 10" i was using was of the inner wheel rim only not entire width of the rim...consensus of folks seems to be the new hoosiers will work fine with the current bbs wheel setup!!