BBS or 07 Stock Rims?

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok folks, I was looking for new tires for my 97 B/W GTS, stock rims, but have come across two options so far that I need your opinions on because it may be more cost effective for me to buy one of the two rather than just buying new tires. I value your opinions so wanted to ask...

Option 1:
BBS 3 piece aluminum rims (like what is on the Viper Comp Coupe)
Prior race rims with just a couple noticable scuff marks caused by the impact wrench and hardly noticable curb rash.
Painted.
Toyo RA1 Competition Tires, look to be at about 75% tread life left.

Option 2:
Stock 2007 Viper rims (the 10 spokes), appear to be in near perfect shape, chromed.
Michelin Pilot Sport Tires, appear to be in excellent condition, probably at least 85% tread left.

Going either way will cost me about the same, which is around $2k. Keep in mind, my primary goal is new tires, so I'm leaning towards the 07 rims with the Michelin tires because I've always liked those rims, but need to know if I'm nuts for not going for the BBS rims as the overall better deal or not. Looks are a factor too, so would like to know which would more likely add a good look to my B/W GTS.

Thanks in advance everyone!
V/R,
Jason
Hampton Roads, VA

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BBS rims will probably not fit properly as they have the Comp Coupe offsets, and YOU WILL NEVER GET THAT MONEY OUT OF THEM IN THE FUTURE

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jay............. the seller is BEN DOVER?

Why not ask your VCA Vendors here for the tire and wheel options that WILL FIT ?
Fair Prices? Expert advice and service? Takes wheel trades?....

Or, flea-bay-away and be made a fool.......[in case you did NOT understand the many replies you got about 07...]

You say yourprimary goal is new tires: $1449

And 85% tread on OLD TIRES is like NO TIRES

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay,

Listen to Old Jon B,

there was no Viper made in 07, and Jon is the cheapest on Viper tires on either side of the mississippi

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4