Been almost another year now, where is Michelin PS3s?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it has been almost another year now, wondering where Michelin is at for PS3 tires for older Vipers? My 06' is still on factory run flats (waiting for a better tire, not interested in PS2s as that is still old Micehlin technology compared to the newer tire model technologys like PS3 and the like) and 2012 she will need new shoes before VOI12. IS this supposide new partnership with Pirelli going to screw up our replacement tire support going forward from Michelin? Personally that was the one bad thing I read in the last few Viper Magazines when it was annouced. Pirelli have been the worst tires out there for so long. I have never had any luck with them on any of my vehicles over the years. They would have to be made of some new fancy compound that has some life beyond 1,000 miles as most Pirellis just don't last worth anything.

Anyone have an update?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm figuring since thy are gong with a new vendor on tires the old will be very slow to get replacements out if at all.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Italian car company, Italian tires.
Ferrari uses Pirelli, Viper switches to Pirelli
Ferrari switches to Pennzoil, Viper switches to Pennzoil
more to come I'm sure............

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Pilot SuperSports on my 09 (19/20).

The ride smoother, stick better, have a better tread wear rating/warranty, are quieter.

They track better and do not follow the road cracks and grooves.

They are a bit lighter and all around seem to be a better tire.

Supposed to be better in the wet, and have multiple tread compounds to wear better for track use.

They have a different cord winding system that is designed to keep the tire tread flatter on the road, and not crown up in the center of the tread.

Think these are a pretty significant upgrade. Would sell like crazy if available in standard Viper sizes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte