Belanger problems again

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony brings up a good point. if the rear 02 sensors are moved in the 08 exhaust, then there is/was a problem.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a flaw in the system. Because these cars vary from car to car, not all the distances are the same. The O2 sensor sticks straight out from the pipe and the sill / insulation rubs through the wire coating and destroys the O2 sensor. Have seen this on numerous cars. Just isn't enough room for the O2 sensor to stick straight out on some cars..........

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a flaw in the system. Because these cars vary from car to car, not all the distances are the same. The O2 sensor sticks straight out from the pipe and the sill / insulation rubs through the wire coating and destroys the O2 sensor. Have seen this on numerous cars. Just isn't enough room for the O2 sensor to stick straight out on some cars..........

Yes I have heard this from many people ( Viper Techs ) who have worked on the car. A lot of reputable and well known techs with VCA have told me the same thing. Please chime in guys and give us your opinion on some form of resolution or your experience with cars you have worked on.

Again, we are not trying to bash anyone. We just want a fix.

And to those who are selling this system.......ARE YOU GETTING THE MESSAGE???? What are you prepared to do about it?

Patrick

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately most people will never speak up with BAD news or experiences.

good info in this thread wormdoggy, good voodoo on you for starting it and finding a fix for this problem.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately most people will never speak up with BAD news or experiences.

good info in this thread wormdoggy, good voodoo on you for starting it and finding a fix for this problem.

Thanks Plum;
I'll do my best but stength is in numbers. All you guys pay attention to those who step up to the plate to help resolve this issue.

I'm looking for the suppliers who profited from the sale of this item. The guys that step up to the plate are the guys you know will stand up for you in the future when you purchase a problamatic product from them.

Thanks
Patrick

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lou called me today and left me a message.

He was undoubtedly very upset with the post. When I called him back, he did not even want to talk to me. He just hung up the phone.

This has become a public issue now Lou and we would greatly appreciate if you would post your thoughts on this forum and respond to all the comments about the issues with your exhaust system. The current poll which has only 8 respondents thus far indicates that 38% of those responding have had issues with your exhaust system. I think we need to hear from you.

We would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Patrick

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the system for about 3 years or 7000 miles. The light came on after about a year. Other than the light being on overall performance seems fine.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, this really IS unfortunate and I don't envy the pain of having this issue. :(

If it weren't for the significantly higher cost when I made my exhaust system purchase, I would've gone with the Bellenger system over my Random Techs and Corsa. I'm happy with my system performace and sound for the cost. :2tu:

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats BS lou wouldnt even talk to you......?

thats just WRONG !!!

I would not lie about that........I very much would not do that. He called me left a message on my phone ( office ) then my cell. I was at a function. Called him this morning. Staring asking me questions about " you the guy bashing my company " Which is not what my intent is at all. Kept on talking....then he just hung up.

Thanks for selling me the $ 5000.00 system Lou and thanks for the great support to me and to your other buyers. Its obvious you read the posts.

The Viper members would really like to here from you?

Patrick

black08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is only a guess on my part, but I'd be willing to bet that if you had contacted Lou right from the get go, rather than after this post got going, he would have been less upset and more willing to work on a solution to this unfortunate and annoying problem. Not meant as a criticism. Just a suggestion if this type of situation arises again; hopefully it won't. In my humble experience, it's usually best to go straight to the source of the problem first to see if a solution can be worked out before "going public" so to speak.

Hope you get some satisfaction at the end of all this.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt matter, its HIS product and HIS company. HE should man-up and deal with this obvious problem.

sorry to hear this wormdoggy. keep us posted on the fix.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He called me left a message on my phone ( office ) then my cell. I was at a function. Called him this morning. Staring asking me questions about " you the guy bashing my company " Which is not what my intent is at all.

Thanks for selling me the $ 5000.00 system Lou and thanks for the great support to me and to your other buyers. Its obvious you read the posts.

The Viper members would really like to here from you?

Patrick

Just my two cents. I've read the posts. It sounds like you are bashing him and his company to me, no matter what your intent is. I'm a semi-disinterested third party and that's how it sounds to me. I can imagine that the target would take it that way also.
Your earlier post said :
I spoke to Lou in great detail today. Yes he is a great guy and yes he is very helpful but in the end I'm the one with the continued problems like those other individuals who posted a comments above. The bottom line is that I cannot believe that a 4th attempt to wrap the 02 sensors will resolve this problem which is what Lou is recommending.
Lou is working on another " fix " and it might be available shortly. If he can produce that fix these problem without a doubt will be solved.

Then you go on with several more posts calling on him to fix the problem, after you state that he is working on a fix, even after you report receiving advice on what someone else has suggested as a fix.

I'm just stating why it appears like bashing to me. I guess the swearing in some of your posts just leads me to a wrong conclusion.

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted earlier on this thread the problems I had, and I see NOTHING wrong with Wormdoggy posting the problems he has had; I understand that problems can always crop up with aftermarket products. I am just personally disappointed with the person I bought the system from and the manufacturer AFTER I had problems. I was basically told it was my problem even after they admitted that the "fix" they had come up with didn't even come with the purchase I had made. I am certainly pleased with the performance and sound but I had to throw good money after bad trying to get that engine light out. I choose not to go into any other details other than to say that if I treated my clients the way I was treated [after I had problems], I wouldn't have any clients.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted earlier on this thread the problems I had, and I see NOTHING wrong with Wormdoggy posting the problems he has had; I understand that problems can always crop up with aftermarket products. I am just personally disappointed with the person I bought the system from and the manufacturer AFTER I had problems. I was basically told it was my problem even after they admitted that the "fix" they had come up with didn't even come with the purchase I had made. I am certainly pleased with the performance and sound but I had to throw good money after bad trying to get that engine light out. I choose not to go into any other details other than to say that if I treated my clients the way I was treated [after I had problems], I wouldn't have any clients.

Listen I'm not trying to bash the company or Lou. And for the record I did speak to Lou several times before making this post public. I'm just dissapointed he hung up the phone on me.

And if I was a self fullfilling individual I would have resolved this problem for my own personal interest without making it publicly known.

I am doing because I have heard from many people, those who have purchased the product and from those who have installed it that there are many others out there that are having this product issue.

Lets all just please work together to try and resolve this issue otherwise this post will eventually disappear into the archives and one day someone else is going to buy the system and a post about this same problem will appear again.

I have a been a VCA member and recall this issue come up on many other occasions. I have referenced some of them on my earlier responses in this thread.

Here's a quote from an earlier thread even before I purchased my system

"My O2 wiring was cooked several times. A common problem from what I hear. I have two 3" high-flow cats and I ended up replacing the second O2 sensors with O2 simulators". I left the name of the person who posted this out.

Here's another thread about problems

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/603989-check-engine-light.html

I am seeing a Viper Tech next week with Dodge and other techs and I am going to get to the bottom of this once and for all. My car is stock other than the exhaust. Lou is claiming that its my car. The only recommendation he gave me was to punch a little round golf ball indentation in the shield to allow more room for the 02 sensor. I did that and it did not work. This can't die, the cause is just and needs resloution.

Thanks for all your kind comments. Remember I'm the consumer and I have been with this problem for over a year now. I'm also a business man here in the GTA and I bend over backwards for my clients.

Also I just noticed the poll and I know this is only a small random sample, but 33% of those individuals with the system have had problems and I am getting a lot of private PM messages from others as well.

Patrick

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone who spends a lot of hard earned cash on a bunch of parts that dont do what it was suppoed to do is gonna be pissed. and after a few tries to make it right, he's gonna be even more upset. then the owner of the company hangs up the phone on him......

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is Lou talking to you again or is he still upset? Also, does anyone know if the '08 system has been changed to address worm's issue? I noticed that on the '08 system there's a shield around the '02 sensor area.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is Lou talking to you again or is he still upset? Also, does anyone know if the '08 system has been changed to address worm's issue? I noticed that on the '08 system there's a shield around the '02 sensor area.

Nope Lou is not saying anything to me or to anyone on this forum and thanks for keeping this thread alive.
I went to a Dodge Technician and my car is running great. Clean bill of health other than emissions caused by the simms.

If you notice the poll that was once on this page....40% of those who responded have had problems with this system and yet Lou claims there is nothing wrong.

Here's the link..........
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/615487-belanger-poll-3rd-gen-models.html

Next step is to bring it to a buddy of mine who has a muffler shop here in TO. He told me he can install a system with 02 sensors position in a different location ( similar to the Random Tech cats ). Due to the overwhelming assistance by Lou and Belanger, rest assured I will never install this system on my GTS. Does anyone want the exhaust ??? FREE!!!

Patrick

I think I have made my point clear.
Patrick

Last edited:

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patrick. Sorry for all the problems youve had. That is BS Bellanger wont make it right. That said, I'll take the exhaust and try and make it work.

Flash

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patrick. Sorry for all the problems youve had. That is BS Bellanger wont make it right. That said, I'll take the exhaust and try and make it work.

Flash

Flash he is talking about a gen 2 exhaust, NOT his gen 3 exhaust.... you have a gen 3 !!

Personally I dont think he should be giving it away either. He paid for it fair and square, and he should just sell it and recoupe some kind of cash for it, especially since it sounds like a NEW gen 2 system thats not been used.

This whole thread actuall reminded me that I have an un-returned call to Lou I need to correct. I personally found him to be a decent guy, and quite insightful. Hell JonB and I were arguing and Lou gave it to me straight. I'm going to call him again, because his assistant sent me an emal to call him about a configuration incompatibility we were having.

hope you work this out, and I am just saying Lou is human like us all, he probably got worked up thinking you were bad mouthing him, instead of focusing on a customer needing help. I'll see if I can get him to relax a bit and work on a solution.

Personally I found Lou to be a decent guy when I chatted with him a few weeks ago. (And I usually Hate EVERYONE... most certainly Tali-ban Kurtis and sometimes MikeR)

Jon

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flash he is talking about a gen 2 exhaust, NOT his gen 3 exhaust.... you have a gen 3 !!

Personally I dont think he should be giving it away either. He paid for it fair and square, and he should just sell it and recoupe some kind of cash for it, especially since it sounds like a NEW gen 2 system thats not been used.

This whole thread actuall reminded me that I have an un-returned call to Lou I need to correct. I personally found him to be a decent guy, and quite insightful. Hell JonB and I were arguing and Lou gave it to me straight. I'm going to call him again, because his assistant sent me an emal to call him about a configuration incompatibility we were having.

hope you work this out, and I am just saying Lou is human like us all, he probably got worked up thinking you were bad mouthing him, instead of focusing on a customer needing help. I'll see if I can get him to relax a bit and work on a solution.

Personally I found Lou to be a decent guy when I chatted with him a few weeks ago. (And I usually Hate EVERYONE... most certainly Tali-ban Kurtis and sometimes MikeR)

Jon

Actually I'm talking about my GEN 3 exhaust. From my research there is nothing wrong about the GEN 2 exhaust.
And for the record I like Lou, I have nothing against him or his company. I guess when you post bad things about product it does seem like bashing. Its not my intent and only wish we could reslove this for the sake of everyone who purchase this GEN 3 system. But we need to begin admitting there is a problem. Look at the poll and the comments and talk to any Viper Tech who has installed this system.

"Caveat emptor".

My offer stil stands, if I can't resolve this.......I will give it away for free. The only issue I have now is trying to get an exhaust and cats to fit the headers otherwise I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. If you guys can offer any suggestions on a retrofit PLEASE let me know.

Also does anyone know if they sell shorter 02 sensors??? Maybe that might work if it can withstand the heat.

Thanks for all the kind comments.
Patrick

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lou has his good and bad days. Sometimes he shoots first and asks questions later. I certainly got an earful from him when he was repairing my headers but he is extremely knowledgeable and did solve the problem for me on my GenII system. I seriously doubt he's active here and who knows how this thread is being filtered to him. In the new '08 Belanger system flyer, there looks like what appears to be a shield around the '02 sensor area. Did this exist on the GenIII system?

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/08VIPERRETAIL.jpg

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats BS of him to treat this problem the way he is......i wont buy a belanger product now, thats for sure.

it sounds like lou thinks if he puts his head in the sand and people talk, he wont be able to hear so therefore it doesnt happen. makes sense.............lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lou has his good and bad days. Sometimes he shoots first and asks questions later. I certainly got an earful from him when he was repairing my headers but he is extremely knowledgeable and did solve the problem for me on my GenII system. I seriously doubt he's active here and who knows how this thread is being filtered to him. In the new '08 Belanger system flyer, there looks like what appears to be a shield around the '02 sensor area. Did this exist on the GenIII system?

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/08VIPERRETAIL.jpg

Looks to me like exactly the same set up. Please see my pics and you will notice the shield around the 02 sensors. The problem is the wiring.
Patrick

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats BS of him to treat this problem the way he is......i wont buy a belanger product now, thats for sure.

it sounds like lou thinks if he puts his head in the sand and people talk, he wont be able to hear so therefore it doesnt happen. makes sense.............lol

Plum the only thing I can think of is there is no fix for this......I don't know I'm not as technical at this as Belanger. If Lou is seeing these posts, like I mention, I would like a public response for all of us to read. No malicious intents, just an open public forum. Maybe we can solve this together.

Suppliers and Lou.............Please look at the polls 38% of respondents..........38% have had or are having an issue. How many others are silent or have not read this post and not responded to the poll yet.

Patrick

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my reverse lock out because of wires on this system heating up.It blew a fuse. I'm now afraid to drive the car anywhere for fear the 02's will burn up.What am I supposed to do now?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang