Belanger SRT-10 install........any problems with

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O2 sensor wiring being underneath the heat shield ( post converter ). You literally have to fold the shielding over the wiring and then bring it back over the shield to the stock connection. I thought of cutting the shield( just slightly ) and then fish the wiring ( shielded of course )through the opening but I was concerned about the heat possibly burning the sills.

In my opinion there should be a setup where the sensor wiring travels over the heat shield and not underneath it as with the Belanger setup.

Second time I had to remove the sills to access the o2 sensor wiring ( post converter ). This time I wrapped the wiring with heat tap, sheild , header tape and finally one more layer of heat tape. Hopefully it will do the job.

Paid $ 300.00 for a set of new 02 senor wiring CDN. Damn !!!

Does this problem exist with the Corsa set-up as well. Where is the 02 sensor wiring on the Corsa? Does it travel over the shielding or underneath it and what do you use to protect it from the heat? I would really like to compare it with the Belanger set-up since I understand this is a common problem.

Thanks
Patrick

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on which corsa system you are using. If you go with Random Cats there is no problem. There are kits availble to put over the o2 sensor and wiring that will keep them from being damaged from exhaust heat. They reflect the heat away. They are also used on race cars to cover the spark plugs and wires.
Robbie

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My O2 wiring was cooked several times. A common problem from what I hear. I have two 3" high-flow cats and I ended up replacing the second O2 sensors with O2 simulators.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My O2 wiring was cooked several times. A common problem from what I hear. I have two 3" high-flow cats and I ended up replacing the second O2 sensors with O2 simulators.

Can you please let me know what o2 simulators are and where I can find them ? Who carries these?

Everyone I have asked has no idea what they are?

Thanks for your help.
Patrick

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the above web site and read it completely. I do not agree with the following statement form their web site:

"The second (secondary) sensor is downstream from the converter and its only job is to report if the converter is working properly."

When I studied to pass the ASE Certification Tests I was told the secondary O2 sensor reports to the ECM and further adjusts the fuel for optimal fuel to air ratio and emissions which results in a more efficiant running engine. Also in the companies FAQ question section is the following comment:

"After installing the O2 Sensor Simulator, my Check Engine Light (CEL, MIL) is still on."

I believe this tell something about what I feel is a SNAKE OIL PRODUCT.

I will say I have never tried this product and these are my opinions. maybe it works, maybe it does not. I would love to see dyno sheets from before and after they were installed with no other changes.
Robbie

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The primary (upstream) O2 sensors are the ones used for A/F calibration. The secondary (downstream) sensor is only there to monitor the effectiveness of the catalytic converters. If the A/F measured at the downstream sensor is the same as measured at the upstream sensor, the catalytic converter is shot (or missing). The PCM expects to see a difference between the two readings if the catalytic converter is doing its job.

Using an O2 sensor simulator in the downstream location to fool the factory PCM is perfectly valid when removing catalytic converters.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The primary (upstream) O2 sensors are the ones used for A/F calibration. The secondary (downstream) sensor is only there to monitor the effectiveness of the catalytic converters. If the A/F measured at the downstream sensor is the same as measured at the upstream sensor, the catalytic converter is shot (or missing). The PCM expects to see a difference between the two readings if the catalytic converter is doing its job.

Using an O2 sensor simulator in the downstream location to fool the factory PCM is perfectly valid when removing catalytic converters.

Absolutely correct, ask any of the dozens of legitimate tuners who use sims.

Atro is AGAIN clueless.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had them on my car for a year ... no issues. But ... the purpose was because I changed to 3" H-F cats ... so the real test will be if I pass emissions testing.

Still, I'm happy with not worrying about melted wires.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up I am again Clueless

From my statement above: "After installing the O2 Sensor Simulator, my Check Engine Light (CEL, MIL) is still on."

Please explain why this is if the system is so foolproof?

Lets just say we agree to disagree!

Robbie

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Up I am again Clueless

From my statement above: "After installing the O2 Sensor Simulator, my Check Engine Light (CEL, MIL) is still on."

Robbie

Properly installed they are foolproof. The fact that you don't know about O2 sims (which I was using SIX years ago on my Camaro) shows that you truly know very little about the modification of performance cars.

You truly are a blight upon this forum.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up I am again Clueless

Robbie

No we definitely agree (Kenny and I that is), you are 100% WRONG. On a DODGE, the post cat O2 sensors do nothing but monitor the condition of the Cats. Thats it, they play no proprietary role in the function of the engine what so ever.

If the MIL is on, it could be a faulty sim, but that hasn't changed the state of the engine tune now has it? And just the fact that you have to name drop the ASE test just to prove some credibility is a joke. Click Here Read that thread, specifically the first post, and it pretty much sums up your whole existence here. :buttkick:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said I had not heard of them. I said I do not believe in them. I believe we should all do our part to keep our air clean and we are not doing that by bypassing emission control parts. One can get the nsame rsults on the street with out having to bypass emission parts

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never said I had not heard of them. I said I do not believe in them. I believe we should all do our part to keep our air clean and we are not doing that by bypassing emission control parts. One can get the nsame rsults on the street with out having to bypass emission parts

You are such an idiot. You contradict yourself on the same thread. For those who don't want to scan up this thread, this is what you said about six posts ago:

I went to the above web site and read it completely. I do not agree with the following statement form their web site:

"The second (secondary) sensor is downstream from the converter and its only job is to report if the converter is working properly."

When I studied to pass the ASE Certification Tests I was told the secondary O2 sensor reports to the ECM and further adjusts the fuel for optimal fuel to air ratio and emissions which results in a more efficiant running engine. Also in the companies FAQ question section is the following comment:

"After installing the O2 Sensor Simulator, my Check Engine Light (CEL, MIL) is still on."

I believe this tell something about what I feel is a SNAKE OIL PRODUCT.

I will say I have never tried this product and these are my opinions. maybe it works, maybe it does not. I would love to see dyno sheets from before and after they were installed with no other changes.
Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To ROGUE, KENNY & ZORROESPANO

Rouge, When you make off colored comments about me you are really showing your ignorance. You do not know me, have never met me, and have not spoken with me in your whole life so to make such a comment is just as wrong as what I did regarding exhaust sims .Everybody makes mistakes, I am far from perfect, and I am man enough to admit that I screwed up when discussing the sims that take the place of O2 sensors and I am sorry. I had never heard of them before, we never used them in NASCAR.I was wrong to call them "Snake Oil" as I have been educated in there use and there are people using them successfully. But to say I do not know what I am doing in my field is slanderous and just as wrong as me calling sims snake oil. I have never felt that it is right to recommend a product that I have never heard of or have tried personally as we all know there are a lot of snake oil products out there like that ECM add on module that some guy on eBay was selling awhile ago. I do not know of anyone, except god, who is perfect and knows everything that is out there on the market in the performance world today. We have many happy customers who have bought our exhaust products, along with other products, and they do not feel they have been ripped off as they feel they received a high quality product. If there is any doubt in anyone's mind as to the quality of our products or our before and after sales support you need to go no further then these to post from two customers that bought our exhaust systems.

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=666969&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=682797&Forum=All_Forums&Words=10664&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=682797&Search=true#Post682797

We have been in business since 1979 and have a perfect record with the Better Business Bureau. Again I am not perfect but I must have done something right during 27 years in business with with the 2500 customers that I have.

Again I am sorry, and apologize, for coming on as strong as I did but I am as passionate about vipers as the rest of you.

Robbie
AtRo Racing Products

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off, I really would love to know what you've donr in NASCAR because most of your comments lead me to believe you have little if any automotive knowledge. My guess is that you may have had people working for you who knew what they were talking about, but you certainly don't.

Second, NASCAR is miles away from what we are talking about here. Nothing even translates---not motors, not drivetrain, not suspension.

Third, you are a product *****. You gone on everyone's threads and try to hock your [******]. My guess is you have always been a salesguy and not a tech.

Finally, in an attempt to hock your [******] you give advice that is AT BEST unrelated and at times could cause them problems.

You have zero credibility on this forum because of your constant posting and half ass, unknowledgeable advice. No credible parts tuner or parts distributor acts as you have.

I have received numerous *** from people thanking me for telling it like it is regarding you.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Rogue, Kenny, and Zorroespanol

Except for Kenny who is listed as a club member the other two of you are enthusiast. Do any of you personally own a Dodge SRT-10 Viper?
Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so the three of you totally understand, As I quoted dagger before" I am done with you" I will never never again respond to any of your childish comments and sucker shots form you three again. Just in case you do not know who you are let bme remind you, Zorrooespanol, Rogue, and Kinny. I refuse to lower myself to your standards. good day.
Robbie

06red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i installed complete bellanger system tip to toe in early april; after 600 miles fried the wire to the 02 senser on pasanger side; engine light came on; took about 2 and a half hours to fix and re-route. the "service engine soon" light re-set itself within ahout 100 miles so i didn't have to go back to dealer to turn light out.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to go back to the dealer to turn the check engine light off. Just disconnect the battery ( negative terminal ) for a few minutes. Works like a charm.

Just in the event it happens again.

Patrick

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you please let me know what o2 simulators are and where I can find them ? Who carries these? Everyone I have asked has no idea what they are?
Thanks for your help. Patrick

"HALF OF ALL ADVERTISING IS WASTED"

PartsRack has em

K

Kaya

Sorry to hijack this thread, but Kenny...email me at [email protected] I can not send you a PM because it says you aren't accepting ***.......I was trying to respond to your PM.

Kaya

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so the three of you totally understand, As I quoted dagger before" I am done with you" I will never never again respond to any of your childish comments and sucker shots form you three again. Just in case you do not know who you are let bme remind you, Zorrooespanol, Rogue, and Kinny . I refuse to lower myself to your standards. good day.
Robbie

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21