Believe it or not................

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does a stock Viper even make 450 hp ??? I didn't know how with the small fuel line. You think the fuel line is small at 5/16" ? Well keep reading, it gets worse ;)
For those that have never seen a fuel pump module out of a Viper.....
These pictures show an inlet I cut off of the fuel pressure regulator. The regulator goes in the top of the fuel pump canister. At the bottom of the canister is the fuel pump, then there is about 10" of plastic fuel line. The fuel line then goes on to the pictured ******.
The inside diameter of this ****** is one hundred twenty five thousandths (.125" = 1/8 inch) For comparison, two pennies stacked together are .115" / .010 difference .010 is half the thickness of a finger nail (.020)
The other two pictures are of an ink cartridge out of a regular standard cheap pin. At .120" it will just barely pass through the ******.

Somehow, we still manage 650+ rwhp :D

MVC-110S.JPG

MVC-121S.JPG

MVC-126S.JPG

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which all goes through 10 injectors to feed 10 cylinders. Great assessment and comparison. Unbelieveable how it works out.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gas is powerful stuff! Technology on injectors themselves can take a lifetime to master. Flame fronts, swirl patterns, elimination of precombustion. Thanks for the pictures.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess I can understand now why with some mods they may recommend a fuel system upgrade.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And reverse all of that back to the drawing board........those engineers really DO know some stuff!