Best 2005 Skip Shift Eliminator? Where to buy?

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for the best part that will fix the 1-4 shift and stop the yellow light from coming on the dash too.

Where is the best priced place to pick this up from?

Thank you!

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought off ebay before, but they always stopped working properly, JonB at Partsrack sells a nice kit including caps for both ends and the "chicken straps" to tuck it out of harms way for a near factory look.

Regards,
Aaron

Thanks Aaron agreed, I have contacted him!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just invest in a sct tune scan tool to eliminate the skip shift also.

Absolutely correct. The SCT will eliminate both the Skip Shift and the Dash Light. The eliminator will ONLY delete the skip shift itself, dash light will remain active.

We can set you up with an SCT without a problem, always in stock.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? The dash light went away in my corvette with the eliminator.

What is the purpose of having the SCT tune?

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Idm what did you get?? I have the sct tune, it ads 25 horse and all traces of the skip shift.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the others to just get an SCT and tune. I got mine from Dan and he has been great to work with on tunes. He turned off the skip-shift function and light, and as I go to the dyno, I just email the run file to Dan and he tweaks the tune and emails it back to me to load.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Really? The dash light went away in my corvette with the eliminator.

What is the purpose of having the SCT tune?

ALL:
-Skip Shift Removed
-Timing Tables Corrected
-Fuel Tables Corrected
-Fan Temps Updated [If Needed]
-Rev Limiter [If Needed]
-Gen-3 Specific: Power Enrichment Delay Timers Removed [The cause of many blown engines, especially Paxton cars, and a relatively "weak" pedal tip-in feel]

Available:
-Full custom tuning for fuel injector changes/scaling
-Closed loop parameters [Cammed cars]
-2-Bar MAP sensor strategies [smaller build Forced Induction cars]
-Check Engine Light parameter changes, hardware & Diagnostic configuration

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but will I loose the Viper burble .... I love so much?

ALL:
-Skip Shift Removed
-Timing Tables Corrected
-Fuel Tables Corrected
-Fan Temps Updated [If Needed]
-Rev Limiter [If Needed]
-Gen-3 Specific: Power Enrichment Delay Timers Removed [The cause of many blown engines, especially Paxton cars, and a relatively "weak" pedal tip-in feel]

Available:
-Full custom tuning for fuel injector changes/scaling
-Closed loop parameters [Cammed cars]
-2-Bar MAP sensor strategies [smaller build Forced Induction cars]
-Check Engine Light parameter changes, hardware & Diagnostic configuration

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought off ebay before, but they always stopped working properly, JonB at Partsrack sells a nice kit including caps for both ends and the "chicken straps" to tuck it out of harms way for a near factory look.

Regards,
Aaron

Thanks Aaron.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely correct. The SCT will eliminate both the Skip Shift and the Dash Light. The eliminator will ONLY delete the skip shift itself, dash light will remain active.

We can set you up with an SCT without a problem, always in stock.

I will report back if the light still stays on in the dash, I do believe the eliminator will take care of that.

How much is it for the tune? It adds 25hp or rwhp? Thanks

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Idm what did you get?? I have the sct tune, it ads 25 horse and all traces of the skip shift.

As far as Viper? 2005 Comm. Ed. 6,800 miles
Very happy to say the least.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will report back if the light still stays on in the dash, I do believe the eliminator will take care of that.

FWIW, I put the skip-shift kit in and it did not eliminate the light. However, it doesn't bug me; now I just sort of laugh at it when it comes on and feel happy that I can still hit 2nd whenever I like... : )

Bryan

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but will I loose the Viper burble .... I love so much?

No. I got my tuner from Dan and he can program in as much decel pop as you want. After I had removed the cats and added a new intake and exhaust my car popped like crazy when I let off the gas and he asked me how much I wanted. I liked a little decel pop but not too much. He sent the programmer and when I downloaded the program to the car it was perfect.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

It will not, as pointed out above.

SCT devices are 399.00 including 1 tune [Sale until 1/1/13]. Custom tunes are billed by the hour- note that a simple run on a dyno and correct is NOT a custom tune, and is indeed included. Custom tunes are things like injector scaling, 2-Bar, OBD-2 logging, Head/Cam cars, very extensive changes, etc.

Most cars see 15-25 horsepower, and at least as much torque.

Last edited:

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Report what back, it's already proven that the dash light stays on. Also didn't your corvette have a custom tune? My 2008 Corvette with just a skip shift eliminator would still trigger the light but would allow me to go into the gear like stated above. My Z06 didnt but that's because it had a custom tune.

Get the SCT like we talked about.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Report what back, it's already proven that the dash light stays on. Also didn't your corvette have a custom tune? My 2008 Corvette with just a skip shift eliminator would still trigger the light but would allow me to go into the gear like stated above. My Z06 didnt but that's because it had a custom tune.

Get the SCT like we talked about.

That's super annoying I have to get rid of that light. I wont even install the skip shift, just wait until I have it tuned out. I dont want a tune just want that taken out. This car is staying stock, ehh..for now! I hope to stay strong

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will not, as pointed out above.

SCT devices are 399.00 including 1 tune [Sale until 1/1/13]. Custom tunes are billed by the hour- note that a simple run on a dyno and correct is NOT a custom tune. Custom tunes are things like injector scaling, 2-Bar, OBD-2 logging, Head/Cam cars, etc.

Most cars see 15-25 horsepower, and at least as much torque.

That's a great deal.

You can read through the thread detailing my day on the dyno doing most beginner mods here:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/643236-Day-on-the-Dyno-Intake-Exhaust-Tune-Results

The Viper just needed a few tweaks to really wake it up. The SCT/Tune setup from a vendor will be the best money you'll spend, bang for the buck wise anyhow.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's super annoying I have to get rid of that light. I wont even install the skip shift, just wait until I have it tuned out. I dont want a tune just want that taken out. This car is staying stock, ehh..for now! I hope to stay strong

We can absolutely write you a simple tune that does nothing but delete the Skip Shift and remove the PE delay timers.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is this tune installed? how much to just remove skip shift?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How is this tune installed? how much to just remove skip shift?

The price would be the same, as you still need all the same hardware to do it. Personally, I would just go with a regular tune unless you have a specific reason not to.