best dodge dealer for warranty work near hartford CT?

dantelisky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to take my car to get it looked at. Anybody have a suggestion where I should go in the Hartford CT area? Or where not to go? I think i may have a problem with the steering rack and pinion. I have a liitle bit of free play that i feel while driving. Notice it most when driving it straight. Its a small amount but it is driving me nuts. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Moved recently to this area. Thanks

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, there's no Dodge dealer in CT I would recommend for Viper warranty work. Trying giving Chuck Tator (Tator's Garage) a call. He's in South Salem, NY about 1.5 hrs from Hartford just a hair past Ridgefield,CT. He may be able to pinpoint the problem for you.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for Tator's. I live just south of you in Haddam, and I wouldn't take my car anywhere else. A little shy of 1.5 hours door to door. Chuck Tator IS the guru for this area.

Good luck,
Craig

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He asked about warranty work as in not out of his pocket.
Welcome to the Dodge new car owners dilemma.

No problem, you just have to drive the car to Nebraska.

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in the same area and considered trying Papas in New Britain as they seem to have an SRT presence and a viper or two on the lot. Anyone have good or bad experience there?

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Dakota from them. Great prices, service treatment was standard american car company fare. Not great. Not bad. I would't trust them to work on the Viper. I would still ask Chuck his advice about warranty work.

Craig

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought chuck was still able to work something out on warranty work. but like viperjon said, this is a serious issue for viper owners

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought chuck was still able to work something out on warranty work. but like viperjon said, this is a serious issue for viper owners

It was my understanding that he can't anymore but I could be wrong.
Give him a call.
I would probably pay out of my own pocket before I drop the car off to be hacked by some dealership mechanic.
So in essence you buy a new car but have no warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

dantelisky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Any Dodge Dealerships near lake george NY that sombody would recommend? I drive up that way quite a bit.

Sarge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently had my Viper serviced at Gengras in East Hartford. Got good prompt service from nice people. Have purchased 3 other vehicles there and always had excellent service.
They have 2 techs that were Viper certified still pretty up on the cars. Not much demand in our area so not many techs.
I'd give Gengras a call, especially if Tator can't handle warranty service.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery