Best Motoring (Japan) - Gen 1 Test Video

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would be interesting to find out if this car is owned, now, by one of our Japanese members. I believe the current President of the Club , Tateshi Kiriyama , has a red RT-10. It would be quite ironic if this test was done in his car. Hopefully one of the members in Japan will notice and respond.:dunno:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must know that mountain road pretty well, the consequences of a goof-up on that one are big! Nice vid.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky for us I can speak japanese. Loosely translated it says:

This GEN I viper is much better than anything Japan has ever created as far as performance cars go. From now on we will only make boring commuter cars that get great gas mileage as America has defeated us again.

Rember that is a loose translation. :)

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i dont like their tone.... obviously they are not professionals. the "auto seat belts" in the beginning gave that away. slamming through the mountains with no safety equipment at all (and almost losing it). lighting up the tires in a drag race.... they cant handle anything more than 4 cylinders.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who looses to a NSX in a drag race? That is the most rediculous part of the whole video! I also can't believe they were making fun of the plastic cross hatch in the front bumper. The Japanese invented the plastic front bumper. I did think it was funny how they cracked up looking at the windshield wipers working. That is the most ******** wiper system ever.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - I love the "V8" insert when they show the engine!

Daston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many are in Japan out of interest? Did dodge make them out there or would all of them be imported?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be interesting to find out if this car is owned, now, by one of our Japanese members. I believe the current President of the Club , Tateshi Kiriyama , has a red RT-10. It would be quite ironic if this test was done in his car. Hopefully one of the members in Japan will notice and respond.:dunno:

Heh, it isn't his, he has an early 93 with an antenna!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many are in Japan out of interest? Did dodge make them out there or would all of them be imported?

They are all imported, and they seem to have about the same amount as are in the British Isles (100 or so?).

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good to see Japanese people talking about an American car for a change.
Those NOPI kids trigger a gag instinct everytime I see those shows on TV.
....and yes, I am jealous of their chicks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang