Best pads and where to buy?

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to do a time trial in November. Last time I drove on this particular track my brakes started fading after about 5 laps. So, I want to replace my fluid and pads (currently have EBC Greens). What brand pads and fluid should I go with for aggressive/high performance driving and where is the best place to buy? Thanks!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You have NO EMAIL ADDRESS in your profile, so call me for comparos and good prices. Off the top, try BrakeMan..... maybe PFC.
Please email or call or see our website. THANKS

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You live in Fredericksburg VA? Nice town, not too far for me. Where and when are you doing the time trial?

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do Jon. I was told to give you a buzz and I will. Probably tomorrow.

Yeah Russelli. Fred. is pretty cool. Where abouts are you? I will be doing this time trial at Summit Point. It is in Charels Town WV west of DC. I head out Rt 17 and it takes me a little over an hour to get there. Nice track. I think it's about 2 miles. Very technical though I'm told by the experts.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fredericksburg, VA.......where Northern Virginia's gridlock STARTS! LOL!!!!

Can't go wrong with Jon at PartsRack!

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pagids are the best pad that I have ever driven (for track and street) and the most expensive. I believe that Stop Tech sells them.

I use Neo synthetic brake fluid... higher boiling point than Motul and the rest (IMO). That's my $.02.

Brad

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, how long do your Pagids last? I ran R14s but would fry them in just over a day. I switched to PFC 01s and they last three days...barely. Dunno how that reflects on my skill (or lack thereof) but the PFC 01 outperformed any pad I've ever used.

What is the cost of Neo synthetic? I've never tried it but I've tried every other brand and Castrol SRF wins hands down.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brad, how long do your Pagids last? I ran R14s but would fry them in just over a day. I switched to PFC 01s and they last three days...barely. Dunno how that reflects on my skill (or lack thereof) but the PFC 01 outperformed any pad I've ever used.

What is the cost of Neo synthetic? I've never tried it but I've tried every other brand and Castrol SRF wins hands down.

Chuck:

I used the same pads and on a technical track like Buttonwillow Raceway (3 miles long with 23 turns) I ate the set in a day. On a less technical track like Willow Springs, they do just fine. These pads came highly recommended by the guys at Stop Tech. I don't think that there were many other options of the heavier duty racing pads for Stop Tech brakes.

I was thoroughly impressed by the feedback, pedal feel and the fact that when they really heated up, they were still very predictable and did not get gooey and greasy feeling. You are correctthat they are not as durable as some of the others, but I can't think of a better feeling pad.

I currently use Hawk HP+ and they seem to be a pretty solid pad. I don't care for the amount of dust it throws up, but that's just cosmetics for my daily driver GTS. It takes a little bit of time for them to warm up in the morning and the eat up rotors pretty good... but that also means they bite pretty good too.

The Neo brake oil can be found at http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/contents.htm and http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/bkfluid.htm . I don't care much about cost when it comes to lubricants and oils. I just want the best protection that I can buy because I plan to keep this car for the duration and pass it onto one of my kids. I have not tried the Castrol in quite a few years, so I cannot give you a fair assessment or comparison.

The one thing that you can depend on Neo is that they do not sponsor any teams. The racing teams that use Neo, pay for it. They are used in every major racing series recognized in the world. The money that you spend does not go into race sponsorship or advertising. Neo depends on word of mouth advertising. When you see a team sponsored by Redline, Amsoil, Mobil 1 or Royal Purple, they are being paid to use their stuff.

When I am on a very technical track like Buttonwillow where your brakes get more than their fare share of stress and heat build up; Neo has never failed me. By the way all of Neo's products are 100% synthetic and NOT blends. That means that their cleaners and suspension components are also 100% synthetic too.

That's my $.02. Sorry that it took a bit to reply, because I have been in and out of bed sick with a respiratory infection for more than 2 weeks. Give Neo a try and talk to them by phone. They will answer all of your questions... unfortunately, the owner Paul Baker passed away this past summer. PJ his son has taken over the reigns.

Brad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang