Best radiator hoses, GEN II

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have hoses from Roe and no failure what so ever...car is mostly used as a track car...:drive:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe. I'd suggest also installing the ROE Upper Radiator Hose Bleeder Kit. It makes changing the coolant much easier.

You must be registered for see images

Here's mine installed. I painted it red to match (after it was installed, just painted the protruding piece)...

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Roe bleeder better than using the bleed screw on the thermostat housing?.

Has anyone used the silicone hoses from VPA?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a hell of a lot of threads about changing the coolant before I did it. I remember some stating that the bleed plug could be easily stripped. I don't have any first hand experience with the bleed plug, but those posts scared me off. Here's a picture before I changed the water pump, hoses and coolant...

Reaction score

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VPA, thanks for the tip!

LIG, I used the bleed plug on the t-stat housing without problem. It took a long time to get the system bled. I used some sealant that also serves as an anti-sieze compound on the threads (rector seal IIRC) and it has been leak free.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Filling the system from the heater core hose with the upper radiator hose off until coolant flows out, then connecting the upper hose and continuing until it won't take anymore, seems to be the most efficient way to fill the system with the least amount of trapped air. As I remember, it's how Viper Tech Tom Sessions does it.

I found the sealant the factory uses on the thermostat bleeder screw an issue when I tried to open it so I don't.

As far as the hose bleeder concept, IMO it adds another point/s of failure in order to to fix a problem that doesn't really exist.

Last edited:

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Roe's with the bleeder valve. Used an Airlift vacuum tool to remove the air. No problem's first try.

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Roe hoses and I just remove the bleeder plug from the thermostat housing, fill the pressure reservoir and squeeze the upper hose to help work most of the air out, and have not had any issues.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Filling the system from the heater core hose with the upper radiator hose off until coolant flows out, then connecting the upper hose and continuing until it won't take anymore, seems to be the most efficient way to fill the system with the least amount of trapped air. As I remember, it's how Viper Tech Tom Sessions does it.

I've been doing it this way ever since the wizard told me about it. Works perfectly.

I found the sealant the factory uses on the thermostat bleeder screw an issue when I tried to open it so I don't.

The first time I tried cracking open the bleeder screw it stripped. Also, after having my heads milled I can't get to the bleeder screw anymore as the intake sits low enough now to blocks access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32