Best Seat Care?????

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that the outside bolsters on our seats receive considerable wear and tear, particularly on the driver's side. I have tried to address this by minimizing sliding friction as I enter and exit. Additionally, I keep the seats clean and apply Meguiar's Aloe Conditioner every month.

Nevertheless, I've noticed that the driver's bolster is beginning to show signs of wear.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks......

Don

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get slammed by the purists here but I bought an all-black version of the neoprene seat covers like this one and put it only on the driver's side. Leather seats look great when the car's sitting in the showroom but it doesn't take long before they look like crap and I'm not going to spend many $1000's on heavily "taxed" custom seats. These covers are "untaxed" at only about $250 per set and they're certainly better than intalling a sweatshirt over the seat back. Only regret is that I couldn't buy just the driver's side.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the fit as good as it looks in the picture??? Are they difficult to install? Do you have a photo of yours? Do your leave them on all the time, or take them off from time to time?

Don

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the fit as good as it looks in the picture??? Are they difficult to install? Do you have a photo of yours? Do your leave them on all the time, or take them off from time to time?

Don

This is mine after almost 2 years with no adjustment (9500 miles). Hasn't shifted or streched any at all. Even the one in my 80,000 miles Focus hasn't streched.

The "back" part was pretty easy to put on but the "seat" part took a while. The "seat" part attaches with straps under the seat and it's difficult to get your hand under these seats. Seat removal is alway an option. I could probably get rid of those creases up around the shoulder area but I'm just not too concerned.

No, I've never taken it off. The one I have in my 80,000 mile Focus has been off once just to check under it. Just some white crumbs on the seat from the foam inside but that's about it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper