Best Street/Strip slicks for GTS Gen II?

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to the club. Recently purchased a Gen II GTS ACR and have a ROE 10LB on the way. With this added power and desire to run hard out of the hole on the street and strip I am wondering is anyone can suggest a 18" tire best for this car. I am not concerned about tire wear only the ablitly to hook the car up. Your suggestions are greatly appericated.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so fast...:nono:

I just wrote M/T last week

"We have had production problems, so we are making sure the product is where it needs to be before we release it extensive testing. The 305 is due out mid July, the 345 is TBD we don’t have a date on that, sorry for any inconvenience..."

- Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so fast...:nono:

I just wrote M/T last week

"We have had production problems, so we are making sure the product is where it needs to be before we release it extensive testing. The 305 is due out mid July, the 345 is TBD we don’t have a date on that, sorry for any inconvenience..."

- Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels

Man that stinks, I need to buy some strip tires. Guess I'll have to wait it out.

TorqueJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know that. I have a set for my drag car but they are 325/50/15s not 18s so I didn't know they had production problems with the 18s. I think BFG makes drag radials in 18s as well.

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Is anyone out there making 750+RWHP that is running a drag radial and hooking up? Or has this been tried and not been sucessful? Or is swaping tires at the track for slicks the only option to launch the car hard for a 9sec run? Any input is greatly appericated.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see all your posts concerning power and hookin up, hope you have upgraded your driveline to handle the extra stress.Just a thought.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know that. I have a set for my drag car but they are 325/50/15s not 18s so I didn't know they had production problems with the 18s. I think BFG makes drag radials in 18s as well.

BTW I've got some 18" BFG Drag radials for sale. Hardly used. PM me if interested.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the 345 BFG DRs and love them...as long as it is not raining.

I can spray the car in first gear and it just gooooeeesss!

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have a set of slicks/skinnies that are mounted and balanced! I'm looking to get $1,000 for the entire set of 4. Purner CCW 16" wheels. MT ET Street slicks that are like new. PM me if interested. I have pics and will be listing on ebay soon,

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update: I spoke to Jon B at Parts Rack and went with the sport Cups for the street and Slicks and Skinnies for the track. I will post the results soon when the car is completed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4