BEST way to dry the Viper

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use a Leaf Blower. That is all.:omg:

Then use a high quality MF towel to dab/dry the rest.

The LESS you touch the paint the better.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GOD, Guys, get some detail spray involved to cut the hard water. Mist the car before blowing and then the hard water spots don't happen even with the 'drip down' that WILL occur. Turn your mirrors down to let it run out, lift the hood (either before or after the initial wipe ... both ways work almost as well), blow it all out including the wheels. THEN use the MF towels. Not just any towels from Pep Boys ... get some really good ones and keep turning or flipping as you dry. DON'T go NEAR the wheels, side panels or lower parts of the body with anything that you go back up on the car with.

It's not rocket science, it's just common sense. I have my Snake ready for the public in 45 minutes, start to finish. That isn't where I started ... the first hand wash took 3 hours!

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Water blade then leaf blower then spray wax not one swirl!!!

The CA water blade is the work of the devil. That thing will leave not only swirls, but hard scratches in the paint. That is the last thing you want to use on your paint.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving it works well. Of course anybody asking how to dry their car is probably a garage queen anyway so just keep the cover on it and stay safe.

Please note the complaint-free content. Dave, contemporary mod-rice Viper/Ricer owner, and I approve this message.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CA water blade is the work of the devil. That thing will leave not only swirls, but hard scratches in the paint. That is the last thing you want to use on your paint.

SWIRLS :dunno: Junkman you must have some pretty sh!ty technique if your using a waterblade in a circular motion:rolaugh:

just busting your balls:) i know you know;)

Regarding the BEST way to dry your car...

You must be registered for see images

LOL, imagine setting up turbine fans at the exit of your garage to dry you off as your pulling in in after a wash or rain. I'll bet someone has done it.

tomob1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sure...NOW i find out about using a leaf blower!!...
had the car a month, washed it twice, got 2 speeding tickets "drying it off" (cop was not amused) and it STILL had water marks!:mad:
2 more points and goodbye license.
so, it's either get a leaf blower, or don't wash the car anymore.....:D
tom

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since i started using dehydrated water, no more water spots :2tu:

buydehydratedwater

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use a leaf blower as well as a Great White Drying Towel from Adam's. There are a couple other cool options like a Blaster Sidekick from MetroVac.

I bought a purification system from CR Spotless (Costco) and it has totally changed my paint.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've got super hard water. I wash the vehicle, rinse it off with a stream of water like Junkman recommends to create a sheeting action. Then I use 1 gallon of distilled water from Wally world. Drill a 1/4" hole in the lid and rinse the car off with it again, using the sheeting action of the stream of distilled water. Blow dry out the cracks, mirrors and grill with a hand held blower and dab dry anything left with a MF towel.

I use this technique on our trucks. I've only washed the Viper once since I got it (after an 8 hour drive through the rain coming back from the VOI).

I had not tried the detail spray rinse, I'll try that too when I run out of jugs of distilled water.

When calculating out the cost for distilled water, I think my math had distilled water from walmart cheaper than the recharge kit from the CR system for the equivalent amount of gallons treated.

Cheers,
George

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blower here too. My shopvac has a removable motor and I use that (removable so it doesn't sandblast the finish LOL ). Then a cotton towel to finish up.

We have really hard water here too, I'll have to try the distilled bottle for final rinse.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a de-ionization water system and follow up with an Air blaster dryer. Also open all doors, hood and trunk when drying.

Bruce

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a word of warning only use electric blowers if you are going that route, the gas ones can blow oil. Like above, treated water and a Master Blaster from Metro!

Richard

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a word of warning only use electric blowers if you are going that route, the gas ones can blow oil. Like above, treated water and a Master Blaster from Metro!

Richard

gas for me, electric for tree huggers

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya'll all have it wrong. The single best way to dry a Viper is run it down the highway at about 140mph. Oh sure it may not leave a streak free shine, but who cares. You're going to have an ear to ear smile anyway.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you have DI water, you can just take her for a spin!

Waffled Great White Drying Towels are amazing.

You must be registered for see images

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bought the Air Force master blaster. Blows all the water away. WAYYYYY better than the leaf blower I use to use. If you can swing 300 bucks to just dry your car its worth it.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought the Air Force master blaster. Blows all the water away. WAYYYYY better than the leaf blower I use to use. If you can swing 300 bucks to just dry your car its worth it.

I can not say enough praise about that thing! Is it the beast or what?! Man, you are hooked on that thing after the first use. I don't know why they don't sell those things like crack. Well yes, I do know (the price), but man is it worth it or what! That is a baller's way to safely dry a car!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of money on my cars and detailing stuff but gotta draw the line at a $300.00 blower to just dry the car. :omg:
My cheap-o electric does pretty well and I can replace it 8-10 times for that price.