BEST way to dry the Viper

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll make a video tomorrow for the master blaster and post it so you guys can see it on a freshly waxed car.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Electric leaf blower, and Adams drying towel to blot away any excess, I never drag a drying towel acrossed the paint. If there are any spots that begin to dry, Adams detail spray and microfober to complete the job. By the way Junkman, I have a new mission for you, I have some marks on my rear hatch that just don't seem to want to go away.....any chance you are coming to Carlisle for the Chrysler show

I will be running the Adam's Booth at the Chrysler show. Bring your car by the booth and we'll fix it!

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The boyz from Thompson Racing sent me a care package awhile back with their Adam's products and must say, I was pleasantly surprised with it's results when I used them on my ACR. I grew up around my Father's Auto Body shop's and are very familiar with the polishing process. Heck we go back to the days when 3M buffing compound, polishing compound and liquid ebony was the process and when done right was second to none.. We've used many different systems (3M, Dupont, Ditzler (PPG), Meguiar's ect..) and have to say that the quality of Thompson Racing's kit is good. Their white polishing cloths are top notch and I think I want to get one of their drying towels as well..

Staying on topic I use a high speed electric blower and have compressed air on tap to speed up the drying process. Afterwards the Viper still needs hand work to bring out the depth and richness in it's finish. From my experience good old elbow work can't be replaced no matter what your preference of product lines may be. That being said some are definelty better than others..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Good to hear you like the products, if ya need more, hit me up!

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The basics:

Adam's Great White Drying Towel: Used for drying car after wash. Pro Tip: If a dryer such as the Master Blaster is not available, lightly spray the car down with Adam's Detail Spray to help lubricate the paint when drying with Adam's Great White Drying Towel.
You must be registered for see images

Adam's Waterless Wash Towel: Used in conjunction with Adam's Waterless Wash. Waffled design traps dirt away from the paint surface and prevents scratching.

Adam's Glass Towel: Tight knit microfiber prevents streaking on glass when used with Adam's Glass Cleaner. Pro Tip: Clay Bar your glass using Adam's Clay Bar and Glass Cleaner as lubricant.

Adam's Single Soft Towel: Great for removing clay residue and polish. Also good with Detail Spray!

Adam's Double Soft Towel: I reserve the best towel ever made for removing Americana Wax!

Adam's Edgeless Utility Towels: Great for door jams, engine bay, and removing metal polish from wheels. Don't ruin your Single Softs by getting them dirty!

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eric - what model is this you carry? I understand there are two different kinds.... thanks!

I carry all the MetroVac Units. Even if they're not on Adam's site, I can get them.

The FREE shipping and FREE Great White Towel is for the Air Force Master Blaster.

I also have the Blaster SideKick and Vac N Blo 500. I actually received the Stainless Steel versions of the Vac N Blo 500 and will sell them for the price of the standard black ones for VCA memebers (and all Viper owners)!

I don't know if I'm allowed to post price, so I didn't. Email me and I'll let you know price:

[email protected]

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will have Sidekick and Vac N Blo at Carlisle! I have the Air Force Master Blaster in stock, but it takes up a lot of space in the trailer. I usually don't bring it, but I can upon request.

If anyone wants me to bring the Air Force to Carlisle, in order to save shipping, please email me by next Tues.
[email protected]

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My family got me the Air Force Master Blaster for my birthday and used it yesterday for the first time. Wow. It does a great job and essentially did not have to put a MF towel on the surface.

Great Tool.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wash in the rain whenever possible and let God rinse! He hates water spots too.
Sit in a lawn chair sipping an adult beverage and watch it get rinsed. One side benefit is the neighbors won't screw with me because they are sure I'm crazy. Pull it in the garage blow it off with leaf blower done. I'm probably all wet but it seems the car shines a bit better this way.
Of course there is a strong possibility that I'm crazy:)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You should never use a GAS leaf blower as the exhaust it emits will land on the paint. Always use a electric leaf blower or better yet, the Master Blaster heated air blower. As for the towels, you may want to check their origin. Never use anything made in China as those towels are very sub par to the quality towels being sold today by respectable manufactures.

Shucks.... I love the smell of two stroke in the morning...lol I was going to convert my weedwhacker to a ez reach buffer.... J/k never gave it much thought damn you take it to a different level but you obviously get great results....

I picked up a gutter cleaning kit for my stihl gas blower. It has several 4' extension tubes so I added one to the end of the blower for better reach and to keep the exhaust from the blower away from the car.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just also got a metro and it works great gets the water out of all the cracks. etc

Jimbos1980

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Electric leaf blower works well. Also, Griots Garage makes a terrific drying microfiber towel. A little pricey but haven't seen a single scratch.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone here that uses a leaf blower if you ever try a master blaster you will throw your leaf blower back in the dusty corner. I was told that back when I used a leaf blower and thought yeah right but one time with the master blaster and I was a true believer. Just ask the junkman.

Brian_Brice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're washing conventionally, you should flood the paint with an open (not spraying) stream with your hose, this will remove 80-90% of the water present. Followed by a leaf blower (if you wish) then pat dry with quality waffle woven microfiber.