BEST way to dry the Viper

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me, I understand exactly how you feel. It took me a while to wanna spend that kind of jack too. But once I got it and tried it out, I was beyond sold. If you could see it in peson, you would retire your leaf blower. Or do what I do with mine... use it to blow leaves!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make a video with that bad boy in it Junkman, would like to see it in action sometime.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Master Blaster is great, but the Blaster Sidekick works awesome too! Watch the Junkman videos about preventing waterspots.

BTW, we have a few in stock! I'll ship a Blaster Sidekick for FREE for all Viper owners.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Master Blaster is great, but the Blaster Sidekick works awesome too! Watch the Junkman videos about preventing waterspots.

BTW, we have a few in stock! I'll ship a Blaster Sidekick for FREE for all Viper owners.

That wasn't the Sidekick, it was the Master Blaster in those videos.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's what I meant! I just didn't organize my paragraph well! Switch sentence 1 and 2! I like how relevant topics come up, I was just watching that video yesterday on the Adam's Forum.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make a video with that bad boy in it Junkman, would like to see it in action sometime.

Just found a video on You Tube using it on a Vette and the best price is on Fleabay for 299.00 with free shipping AND a free wall mount too inc.. Got to get one after seeing the reviews.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bought the Air Force master blaster. Blows all the water away. WAYYYYY better than the leaf blower I use to use. If you can swing 300 bucks to just dry your car its worth it.

I've owned one for a couple years now and it's worth every penny! Great tool to have.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn you guys...now I have to get one too...

:rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

I'm serious Jon, I wouldn't push it at that price if it wasn't worth it. You know that Adam's carries it too and with my coupon code, you may save some dead presidents. That thing rocks! Oh, make sure that you have a minimum 20A outlet to plug it into or you'll be living at your breaker box. That thing draws 17 amps at full tilt! :omg:

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

I'm serious Jon, I wouldn't push it at that price if it wasn't worth it. You know that Adam's carries it too and with my coupon code, you may save some dead presidents. That thing rocks! Oh, make sure that you have a minimum 20A outlet to plug it into or you'll be living at your breaker box. That thing draws 17 amps at full tilt! :omg:

Man, Another few dead presidents already spent and now a few more.... You're a bad influence on my wallet Junkman....

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After washing - jump in it and drive like hell for a few miles, bring it home and use a m/f towel to take care of the rest!

Plus, the fun factor can't be beat!!!:2tu::headbang:

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got one of those "inline" filters that you can buy for RVs. We use it when we are out camping and I put it between 2 hoses when I wash the Viper. Our water here is REALLY bad and leaves horrible spots if I don't use the filter. I then use the sheeting method and then a leaf blower. Very few drops left by then.

Ron

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a Stihl gas leaf blower and then one of these $5 Aquadry PVA synthetic chamois. Far better than a real chamois imo. I hold two corners and just drop and drag it over any drips that the leaf blower leaves. Third stage of drying is a microfiber towel with Meguiar's ultimate quick detailer.

You must be registered for see images

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Electric leaf blower, and Adams drying towel to blot away any excess, I never drag a drying towel acrossed the paint. If there are any spots that begin to dry, Adams detail spray and microfober to complete the job. By the way Junkman, I have a new mission for you, I have some marks on my rear hatch that just don't seem to want to go away.....any chance you are coming to Carlisle for the Chrysler show

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a Stihl gas leaf blower and then one of these $5 Aquadry PVA synthetic chamois. Far better than a real chamois imo. I hold two corners and just drop and drag it over any drips that the leaf blower leaves. Third stage of drying is a microfiber towel with Meguiar's ultimate quick detailer.

You must be registered for see images

You should never use a GAS leaf blower as the exhaust it emits will land on the paint. Always use a electric leaf blower or better yet, the Master Blaster heated air blower. As for the towels, you may want to check their origin. Never use anything made in China as those towels are very sub par to the quality towels being sold today by respectable manufactures.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The boyz from Thompson Racing sent me a care package awhile back with their Adam's products and must say, I was pleasantly surprised with it's results when I used them on my ACR. I grew up around my Father's Auto Body shop's and are very familiar with the polishing process. Heck we go back to the days when 3M buffing compound, polishing compound and liquid ebony was the process and when done right was second to none.. We've used many different systems (3M, Dupont, Ditzler (PPG), Meguiar's ect..) and have to say that the quality of Thompson Racing's kit is good. Their white polishing cloths are top notch and I think I want to get one of their drying towels as well..

Staying on topic I use a high speed electric blower and have compressed air on tap to speed up the drying process. Afterwards the Viper still needs hand work to bring out the depth and richness in it's finish. From my experience good old elbow work can't be replaced no matter what your preference of product lines may be. That being said some are definelty better than others..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should never use a GAS leaf blower as the exhaust it emits will land on the paint. Always use a electric leaf blower or better yet, the Master Blaster heated air blower. As for the towels, you may want to check their origin. Never use anything made in China as those towels are very sub par to the quality towels being sold today by respectable manufactures.

One problem I have is my list of correct towels to use with what application. So when I got my Kit from Adams and a few others from Eric @ Thompson Racing, I have it sitting aside because I don't know what to use with what yet. Is there a list somewhere or can you provide us with what is the best towel to use with what application and where we could get these towels? May have been done before, if so please provide me with a link. Thanks!

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One problem I have is my list of correct towels to use with what application. So when I got my Kit from Adams and a few others from Eric @ Thompson Racing, I have it sitting aside because I don't know what to use with what yet. Is there a list somewhere or can you provide us with what is the best towel to use with what application and where we could get these towels? May have been done before, if so please provide me with a link. Thanks!

Here's your instructions:

The waffle weave style of towels are very absorbent. They are best for use with anything that is liquid and runny (like detail spray and waterless wash). They are also excellent for drying. That is what you would use that style of towel for. The large drying towel is of this same style.

The plush microfiber towels are used for one thing. To remove polish or wax. NOTHING ELSE. They should always remain stain free because you will only use them on a CLEAN car. If you are staining those towels, you are doing it wrong. So make sure that you never work on a dirty (or even dusty) car.

Here are your washing instructions.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of money on my cars and detailing stuff but gotta draw the line at a $300.00 blower to just dry the car. :omg:
My cheap-o electric does pretty well and I can replace it 8-10 times for that price.

+1, and If i added up all the detailing stuff i go thru yearly my wife would have a cow. When i come home from pepboys with a bag every other month she always gives me the stink eye....

I use the hose water pooling method (THANKS JUNKMAN!!!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAmb9DWdnFc
Then wip er down with a waffleweave towel.
Then my application of a quickspraywax romoves any lingering water spots/streaks wet or dry.

That 300bucks not spent on some fancey blower puts me another 1/6th of a way towards my 4-post lift.:2tu:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to get you out of Pep Boys! No wonder she gives you the stink eye! :rolaugh:

I'll have a video soon on the Master Blaster. I'll post it when I do. :2tu:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shucks.... I love the smell of two stroke in the morning...lol I was going to convert my weedwhacker to a ez reach buffer.... J/k never gave it much thought damn you take it to a different level but you obviously get great results....

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to get you out of Pep Boys! No wonder she gives you the stink eye! :rolaugh:

haha, good one. yea, actually I have 4 regular sources:
-LocalAutostores - QuickDetailer & Quick wax. Terry applicator pads. Meguiars&Mothers polish&wax products.
-Adams - for the refill gallon of WaterlessWash
-Griots - Clay, RO buffing pads
-OtherInternetsites - Hand buffing pads, MF Towels

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn you take it to a different level but you obviously get great results....

I been accused of that before! :rolaugh:

haha, good one. yea, actually I have 4 regular sources:
-LocalAutostores - QuickDetailer & Quick wax. Terry applicator pads. Meguiars&Mothers polish&wax products.
-Adams - for the refill gallon of WaterlessWash
-Griots - Clay, RO buffing pads
-OtherInternetsites - Hand buffing pads, MF Towels

Just make sure that your microfiber towels are NOT made in China. Out of all the stuff you are using, the towels are the one thing that can CREATE damage if they are sub par.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh