Big thanks to John B. , one for the record books...

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big thanks to JonB. , one for the record books...

I was in dire need of some tires after almost killing myself the other day, and with the advice of JonB of Viper Part Rack. I decided on the Toyo R888's which would give me what I need for my driving style and frequency. Not only did he beat Tire racks price by about $50, they were delivered to my installer in what I consider a new world record time.They were signed for by my installer 23 hours and 30 minutes from the time the order was placed...Amazing... Bg thanks to JonB. I will definitely use him in the future.

Last edited:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let us know how you like those R888's because I have pondered getting some too.

OP
OP
D

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let us know how you like those R888's because I have pondered getting some too.

I have driven a 550Hp turbo car with them in the past, and they hooked really well, but they do make a weird noise on the dyno..

OP
OP
D

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And for that reason......

You must be registered for see images attach

They sound like an air raid siren on the rollers, but only on certain types of dyno rollers. I noticed on a Mustang Dyno or Dyno Dynamics with the smaller rollers with splines this occurs.. otherwise they drive great..I also opted for the 295's up front what JonB referred to as the ACR sizing.

OP
OP
D

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First impressions of the Toyo R888's...Friggin love em...The traction is sickening good, no more wheel hop, very comfortable ride..The larger 295/30/18 tires up front not only fill up the wheel well a little better and dont make the tire look stretched like the 275 did. They also make the steering feel a bit tighter and heavier, if that makes sense.. Im loving them.Plus the tread pattern looks really nice!!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First impressions of the Toyo R888's...Friggin love em...The traction is sickening good, no more wheel hop, very comfortable ride..The larger 295/30/18 tires up front not only fill up the wheel well a little better and dont make the tire look stretched like the 275 did. They also make the steering feel a bit tighter and heavier, if that makes sense.. Im loving them.Plus the tread pattern looks really nice!!

Post some pics man

TRACTORPILLOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man, sounds like you had the same experience with Jon I did 3 weeks ago! great guy and convinced me to get the R888's as well. Love them.