billit cold air intake box

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSDean,

That's a beautiful piece. However, you may want to consider some insulation or an alternate material. Aluminum air boxes are notorious for transfering engine compartment heat to the air inside the box. You may also want to try closing off the NACA duct. The pressure at the duct is always lower than the pressure in the nose.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Dean,
sweet pic!

Gerald,
laugh.gif

I have to drive it when i can.
laugh.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not mine - it's on the Schleys' racer. Erik M. built it (or had it built) for them. However, it is indicative of the high level of craftsmanship that can be found throughout the car.

I agree that the aluminum should have some sort of insulation on it as it has high thermal conductivity.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys we are putting the carrage before the horse here,my goal with this product is to take an already good flowing system and enhance on it,I am not about to claim any HP gains that i cant stand behind and as far as i am concerned the #s that will be gained probably will not be that much more if any than similar systems.My goal here is to make a system that is compatible for all kinds of owners, wether they track their car or just drive it everyday.For me to say that a aluminum box designed to tunnel air to a given place is going to be anything more than just that is not realistic.That being said i will tell you that it will be affordable,you we definetly open your hood and see where your money went.It will be functional,weather safe,very cosmetically appealing and once again $$$.I can also tell you that when i finish it and dyno #s are not anything to brag about, i will not go back to the drawing board,i will distribute the product as such.Sorry for the babbling.Please email me with your interest as at first we are only going to have a limited #.No commitment just interest, so i can approx.first run#s @ [email protected] or vipersbyelite.com thanks,Scott

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the response I am assuming that there is no power gain from this air box. That is very unfortunate since it is obvious the Gen 1/2 vipers can benefit greatly from some custom tuned cold air pipes.