Black '06 Z06 gets his ass handed to him..

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Black \'06 Z06 gets his ass handed to him..

Anxious to meet up with my first C6 Z-06 in either car.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It seems like the Z06 and Viper are very close in performance, although I think the Z06 has the edge over the snake. I'd love to do a "real world" test though, if anyone with a stock SRT-10 in the Atlanta area is interested :laugh:

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It seems like the Z06 and Viper are very close in performance, although I think the Z06 has the edge over the snake. I'd love to do a "real world" test though, if anyone with a stock SRT-10 in the Atlanta area is interested :laugh:

I will find out soon. My Coupe has about 260 miles on it and my new ZO6 has about 27 miles on it. I'm waiting until they both get about 500 miles on them and I plan on loading them up and heading to the track. I will get a friend of mine to drive one, me in the other one and then switch..

SW
You must be registered for see images

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BEAUTIFUL cars!! Wow, what a nice little addition to the driveway ;-)

Isn't the convertible faster than the Coupe? Just curious, once you get your comparisons done.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come on up, I can't drive for crap but I'm willing to try. You car is stock ? If you don't play fair then I get to play in the other car....and that would be bad ;)

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come on up, I can't drive for crap but I'm willing to try. You car is stock ? If you don't play fair then I get to play in the other car....and that would be bad ;)

Hey, that sounds great. I can definitely do that some weekend. My car is COMPLETELY stock, right down to the run craps it came with. I'd really like to see these two beasts go head to head.

As far as WHEN I can do it, it is pretty much only weekends for me...with my work schedule. Please let me know on here, or in PM's if you want to try to set something up. Thanks! :)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same here, bone stock. You were at the "meet" the other day ? If I would have had more notice I would have come down but would probably been in the 2002 GTS. I tryed to get a local Z06 to race but he thought I was trying to "trick" him and didn't think the car was stock :rolleyes:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pfffttt! Some people take it too seriously!! I don't mind getting my **** handed to me :)

I was at the D&B meet the other day. It was actually organized mostly by the local Corvette group, but there was also a G & Z group, a handfull of VCA guys, and a group of friends that started a local forum with me.

By the way, feel free to check out our forum www.sportscarforum.net

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pfffttt! Some people take it too seriously!! I don't mind getting my **** handed to me :)

I was at the D&B meet the other day. It was actually organized mostly by the local Corvette group, but there was also a G & Z group, a handfull of VCA guys, and a group of friends that started a local forum with me.

My $ is on the Z, an takers?..;)

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For what the "mass-produced" sports car of the year? Yeah my money is on the Vette...Mustang will be a close second. LMFAO!!! :nana:

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not really, the Z is faster, I haven't seen a stock SRT trap 126-127...

SW

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Lot of guys here hate the Z, I take it"

And Vipers are loved in the Vette forums ? :shocked:

Just because we love our Vipers doesn't mean we hate the Z. There is no denying that GM copied the SRT looks(Front that is) Which makes the ZO6 a beautiful car...It wouldn't be at level it's at now, if it wasn't for the Viper...Both are great cars, but only one turns heads... :2tu:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

[quote

[/QUOTE]

Beautiful cars, but which one is the corvette, and which one is the viper?

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Lot of guys here hate the Z, I take it"

And Vipers are loved in the Vette forums ? :shocked:

Just because we love our Vipers doesn't mean we hate the Z. There is no denying that GM copied the SRT looks(Front that is) Which makes the ZO6 a beautiful car...It wouldn't be at level it's at now, if it wasn't for the Viper...Both are great cars, but only one turns heads... :2tu:

First off, I have never seen anyone bash Vipers at z06vette.com or corvetteforum.com (although z06vette is the one I frequent). I wouldn't have even come here if I did not like the Viper. I think it's a wonderful car. Even though I own a Z06, I still think they are equal cars when it comes down to it. I just PREFER the Corvette....that's not to say there's anything wrong with the Viper.

Secondly, have you actually seen these cars together in real life? From the front, they look almost IDENTICAL from the upper part of the front end. At first glance you'd think they were the same car. However, if you do an actual walk around....you notice that the two cars hardly have any other similarities, other than the overall length. The grills are completely different, the doors don't look ANYTHING alike, and the rearends of the cars are completely different as well. Not to mention, the Viper has a MUCH steeper windshield. I was disappointed when I first heard the Corvette went away with the flip up headlights....but it seems that nearly ALL cars are starting to look this way from the front. It has become the "standard" for exotic/sports cars now it seems.

And about turning heads.....I actually ran around with a guy that had an '04 SRT-10. And each time we parked together, everyone (including several females) was checking out my car, instead of his. In fact, one night these females approached me about my car, and didn't even REALIZE a Viper was parked next to it!

Now I'm not here to bash the Viper at all, but I think some people are making some rather ridiculous statements. The Corvette has been an icon for American muscle and sports cars since the 50's. The Viper came out in the early 90's. What makes you think the CORVETTE isn't responsible for the BIRTH of the Viper? (again, I'm not trying to battle with you and say the Corvette is the best thing ever....but those kind of statements are just ridiculous).

Praise and love the Viper all you want (hell, I do). And if you do not like the Corvette....be it because it is the Viper's competition, or you just simply don't like it.....then that is fine with me. But is there any reason to go out of your way to make the negative statements about it?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

First off, I have never seen anyone bash Vipers at z06vette.com or corvetteforum.com (although z06vette is the one I frequent). I wouldn't have even come here if I did not like the Viper. I think it's a wonderful car. Even though I own a Z06, I still think they are equal cars when it comes down to it. I just PREFER the Corvette....that's not to say there's anything wrong with the Viper.

Secondly, have you actually seen these cars together in real life? From the front, they look almost IDENTICAL from the upper part of the front end. At first glance you'd think they were the same car. However, if you do an actual walk around....you notice that the two cars hardly have any other similarities, other than the overall length. The grills are completely different, the doors don't look ANYTHING alike, and the rearends of the cars are completely different as well. Not to mention, the Viper has a MUCH steeper windshield. I was disappointed when I first heard the Corvette went away with the flip up headlights....but it seems that nearly ALL cars are starting to look this way from the front. It has become the "standard" for exotic/sports cars now it seems.

And about turning heads.....I actually ran around with a guy that had an '04 SRT-10. And each time we parked together, everyone (including several females) was checking out my car, instead of his. In fact, one night these females approached me about my car, and didn't even REALIZE a Viper was parked next to it!

Now I'm not here to bash the Viper at all, but I think some people are making some rather ridiculous statements. The Corvette has been an icon for American muscle and sports cars since the 50's. The Viper came out in the early 90's. What makes you think the CORVETTE isn't responsible for the BIRTH of the Viper? (again, I'm not trying to battle with you and say the Corvette is the best thing ever....but those kind of statements are just ridiculous).

Praise and love the Viper all you want (hell, I do). And if you do not like the Corvette....be it because it is the Viper's competition, or you just simply don't like it.....then that is fine with me. But is there any reason to go out of your way to make the negative statements about it?

I'm calling B.S. I used to own an 04 C5 vert and spent some time on the corvette forum, and I still lurk there every now and then. I don't know about the ZO6vette site, but they do a ton of viper bashing at the corvetteforum, on both the c5 and c6 sections.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That could be true. I will update my statement.

I, PERSONALLY have not seen it happen. I am usually on Z06vette.com, and the worst thing I see is a friendly jab at the Viper every once in a while....something like "Ohhh, the Z06 has a better quarter mile than the SRT-10....bet the Viper guys will be in an uproar!" I think it is in good fun, and it's rare to even see statements like that. In fact, there are a few Viper owners who are in the discussions, and there are no ill feelings towards them. Often times, posts are shared between corvetteforum and z06vette.com...and I've not seen any bad comments on that site, whenever I checked them. But, it could very well be going on. If I were to see that kind of stuff, I would just quit the forum. I don't think it's necessary, and find it very childish.

Either way, I don't think it justifies sinking to that level...especially if it's something you don't like, yourself.

I came here because a friend of mine showed me the site, and I wanted to be a part of some of the discussions. However, if I am not welcome because of the CAR I DRIVE, I will simply leave if that's what you guys want. I find it kind of disrespectful to see some of these posts, when people know I drive a Z06....especially when I did nothing to warrant those type of comments. You will not see me partake in any kind of car bashing as well....be it Viper, Mustang, or anything else like that.

Well, ok...I may bash some ricers....but that's a completely different subject ;-)

Anyway, I like the Viper...but I like the Z06 better. I don't come in here trying to say my car is better, nor am I trying to stir up any kind of trouble. I am genuinely curious, however, to see how the new Viper and Z06 stack up against each other outside of a magazine article. That was why I posted here, and I have no ill or macho intent behind that curiosity. In fact, I'd be just as content finding out the Z06 doesn't stand a chance, as I would finding out all the "hype" is true.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

lankhoss:
Ya need to lighten up a little and remember this is a viper forum, not everyone will understand you here, but most will tolerate you and your corvette. ;)

You only bash rice, you are cool now buddy, we all love you! :rolleyes:

I don't understand why you are all worked up, all I can do is try and help you out. Go over to the alley(viper allet dot com). They are much more understanding, and tolerant of corvette owners there. Start a thread there complaining about how you were mistreated here at the VCA. Tell everyone there that you like vipers, but be sure to explain to them why you like your z06 better. :2tu:

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For what the "mass-produced" sports car of the year? Yeah my money is on the Vette...Mustang will be a close second. LMFAO!!! :nana:

No, actually I was talking about the race. But hey, since you brought it up, and since the Vet is mass prouced, that just means your gonna get your ass spanked THAT MANY MORE times...Sure, I can be an ass too!!

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Inferno, I hope that you are the minority here. I am astounded at your bitter and childish behavior.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper crushing the Z? That's Odd, looking at mags performance numbers and speaking to owners of both, I believe you have it backwards.

Try again.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

lankhoss:
Ya need to lighten up a little and remember this is a viper forum, not everyone will understand you here, but most will tolerate you and your corvette. ;)

You only bash rice, you are cool now buddy, we all love you! :rolleyes:

I don't understand why you are all worked up, all I can do is try and help you out. Go over to the alley (viper alley dot com). They are much more understanding, and tolerant of corvette owners there. Start a thread there complaining about how you were mistreated here at the VCA. Tell everyone there that you like vipers, but be sure to explain to them why you like your z06 better. :2tu:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Inferno, I hope that you are the minority here. I am astounded at your bitter and childish behavior.

Sorry, I'll try and act more mature like your "vette" buddy Fadi. :rolleyes:

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why don't you read over the thread and see for yourself who started acting immature and who started posting immature statements first. :rolleyes:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You blame your childish posts on how the Corvette forums were conducted. And now you justify the way you act, because of what ANOTHER person put in this thread? Why don't you take some responsibility for your OWN actions?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang