Black '06 Z06 gets his ass handed to him..

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Black \'06 Z06 gets his ass handed to him..

How much skill does it take to drive in a straight line. Floor it and shift fast. heh. If you spin, some throttle control.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was coming from the opposite direction and clearly saw that the Z had Gerald by a 1/2 car at, from my angle, about 120.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much skill does it take to drive in a straight line. Floor it and shift fast. heh. If you spin, some throttle control.

Tell that to the guy w/ the SRT who ran a 12.9-13.2 out of 5 runs at the track last week.

High performance cars w/ low performance drivers, they come in ALL makes and models! LOL

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must have missed what I said.

I have a video of me racing an SRT-10 in my 340 rwhp C5 Z06 and BEATING IT FROM A ROLL all the way to 140!!! What does that tell you?

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a video of me racing an SRT-10 in my 340 rwhp C5 Z06 and BEATING IT FROM A ROLL all the way to 140!!! What does that tell you?
I wasn't referring to drag racing, i know theres tons of skill required there as i've been down the strip plenty of times.

But as far as freeway runs, i suppose if you took a SRT with your Z06 with only 340rwhp your right it's the driver you beat? I just don't see how the SRT could have had that bad of a driver that he doesn't know how to floor it and shift fast at the correct rpm? And it's not even a 2-3 shift that may take some practice? Maybe it's just me, alittle confused....

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was that the Quad Cab or the regular Cab truck? :D

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wasn't referring to drag racing, i know theres tons of skill required there as i've been down the strip plenty of times.

But as far as freeway runs, i suppose if you took a SRT with your Z06 with only 340rwhp your right it's the driver you beat? I just don't see how the SRT could have had that bad of a driver that he doesn't know how to floor it and shift fast at the correct rpm? And it's not even a 2-3 shift that may take some practice? Maybe it's just me, alittle confused....

Easy. Shift at 4,500 rpms since that is where the dyno shows u r making peak hp (A lot of people think like this) and shift like a grandma. Walla, you are toast even against a lowly 2001 C5 Z06..;)

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was that the Quad Cab or the regular Cab truck? :D

I can e mail u the vid and you can see for yourself..;)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Short shifting, slow shifting or missing shifts, or excessive wheel spin are the probable causes for poor driver. Add in a driver that is scared of his car and did not even get to WOT as a low but not impossible probability (I have heard some owners say they have never "floored it").

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Short shifting, slow shifting or missing shifts, or excessive wheel spin are the probable causes for poor driver. Add in a driver that is scared of his car and did not even get to WOT as a low but not impossible probability (I have heard some owners say they have never "floored it").

Def. anything can happen on the street.

Anywho, again, good kill Gerald.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much skill does it take to drive in a straight line. Floor it and shift fast.

Sounds easy doesn't it?

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A freeway run? Absolutely but i guess there are some people out there that really are clueless.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Either your vehicle does not make 340 rwhp, or that viper was running on 6 cylinders.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Either your vehicle does not make 340 rwhp, or that viper was running on 6 cylinders.

Try again

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fadi - Maybe when it gets warmer you can show me how your C5 Z06 can kill an SRT-10. Where in Michigan are you located?

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A freeway run? Absolutely but i guess there are some people out there that really are clueless.

You sound like one of them. There is quite a bit of skill involved in being a good street racer. I would go so far as to say that it is just as challenging if not more so than at a dragstrip. At least at the track, things are somewhat consistant. In the real world, you have all sorts of variable. Road surface, how much air is in the tires(did you check the pressure before you left the house), how warm are the tires, what gear to start in(from a roll), etc. etc. etc...

There is a lot more to a good street race than just mashing the gas and shifting gears, but then again, what would I know??? :rolleyes:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what gary said.

way more to it than it appears.

SRT10Mike

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Regardless of the hyperbole...sounds like fun!!

I'm glad we have the Z06-Viper wars. Each platform has it's advantages.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I sound like one of them huh? Heh. I could elaborate but i don't get into internet matches, not my style.

Your points are 100% correct but all obvious.

But like yourself, what do i know. heh.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I believe a 340rwhp car can beat a stock SRT-10. It only takes being in the wrong gear and not downshifting to do it. On a highway pull if the Viper was in 4th or 5th the Vette would easily pull away and the Viper would not be able to catch it by 140. This happens a lot with people that are not use to making pulls.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe a 340rwhp car can beat a stock SRT-10. It only takes being in the wrong gear and not downshifting to do it. On a highway pull if the Viper was in 4th or 5th the Vette would easily pull away and the Viper would not be able to catch it by 140. This happens a lot with people that are not use to making pulls.

This is completely true. I agree one hundred percent with this. However, assuming drivers of equal skill, as well as the appropriate choice of gear, a viper would simply run away from a 340 rwhp z06. The torque difference is enough to justify the buslength(s) difference at the end of about 140 mph from a first gear roll.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fadi - Maybe when it gets warmer you can show me how your C5 Z06 can kill an SRT-10. Where in Michigan are you located?

You missed the whole point there friend. I am aware a C5 Z with 340 rwhp can not touch a SRT

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly what I have been trying to explain the entire time, hence, mentioned the video of me beating an SRT for the reasons you explained above.

Gary, I think you are the only one that understand what I am trying to get at here, lol

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much skill does it take to drive in a straight line. Floor it and shift fast.

Sounds easy doesn't it?

LMAO, you sure wouldn't know anything about keeping a 1000rwhp to the ground on 20in street tires or anything. :eek:

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know if you beat the car or beat the driver but the bottom line is you won the race. Isn't that all that really matters ? My hat's off to you !!

Bo

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would agree with that. It takes a good driver to squeeze every mph out of his/her car.
He honestly didnt' seem like he had a lot of experience, though he did take me off the line as I spun and spun and spun.
G

BishopTx

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My dad told me never stir up a snake pit...eh, what does he know..

and considering I am a snake, what the hell.

Performance wise - I've not found a single thing my (stock) 04 White Mamba can do better than my new (stock) C6 Z06...I'd say on some levels they are equals (braking for example) but for the most part the MUCH lighter, more powerful ZO6 performs better.

now I'll go quitely back into my snake hole.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My dad told me never stir up a snake pit...eh, what does he know..

and considering I am a snake, what the hell.

Performance wise - I've not found a single thing my (stock) 04 White Mamba can do better than my new (stock) C6 Z06...I'd say on some levels they are equals (braking for example) but for the most part the MUCH lighter, more powerful ZO6 performs better.

Yes. But in the morning, I will be sober.... :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21