Black is Back!(pics)

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe T. just got back from a trip to CAAP and he sent me these pics. He also said that the "deck lid lip" is different & the front fenders are higher. Its hard to tell from these pics but he saw them in person. Are these the changes that DC is making to the SRT-10?

SRT2_black.JPG

03v2.jpg

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess the cat is out of the bag, eh?

I had heard for a while that they were making the lip on the 'spoiler' higher and that they were making the fenders a bit more "bulbous" due directly to feedback on this site.

I have to say - the car looks awesome in those pics!

I can't wait to get mine!

OP
OP
SRT10

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree Mike. I wish I had some pictures of the front of the car.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Well I guess the cat is out of the bag, eh?

I had heard for a while that they were making the lip on the 'spoiler' higher and that they were making the fenders a bit more "bulbous" due directly to feedback on this site.

I can't wait to get mine!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT size="6">WHINNERS IT IS WORKING&gt; Direct order to </FONT s> <FONT COLOR="Red">INCREAES DB LEVEL AND FREQUENCEY OF WHINNING</FONT c>

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As one of the Viper Club members that started the Black is Back Campaign... I'm looking forward to putting the 1st Black SRT-10 in my Viper Pit!

I must admit though I are more excited about getting the Comp Coupe!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelP:
<FONT size="6">WHINNERS IT IS WORKING&gt; Direct order to </FONT s> <FONT COLOR="Red">INCREAES DB LEVEL AND FREQUENCEY OF WHINNING</FONT c>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sentiments exactly Michael!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa, hold your horses guys
smile.gif

I heard a while ago that the rear was being "adjusted" as were the fenders. It was because one of the comments from people that the car was too angular and straight. I think Steve F even posted as much on this site that the fenders "might be tweaked".

The reason (I believe) they were making these adjustments was that they were making adjustments anyways, and these parts are very easy to make changes to. Other parts (hood, doors, just about everything else) is NOT easy to change, so it won't.

I am 100% certain that even if EVERYONE broke out in a HUGE chorus of SRT hating AND showed up at CAAP's door with picket signs, it woulnd't change a THING.

I'm sorry to say it - but that's the truth! I like the car JUST AS IT IS, so I don't want ANYTHING more to change than we have seen in the pictures.

Don't forget... it's mid May... they should start building SRT's in, what, 8 weeks? You can be SURE that their suppliers are all lined up at this point and it's TOO LATE to change anything
smile.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On one hand, it's great to see a picture of a REAL black SRT Viper, not one that's been photoshopped. On the other hand, the black color completely swallows up the light and fails to show ANY discernible detail in the "revised" bodywork whatsoever. Black cars are extremely difficult to photograph. Whoever did this one probably spent 2 days setting it up and shooting it to get this one PERFECT picture.

You must be registered for see images

<FONT COLOR="Red">edit: I just noticed that the SRT appears to carry on the absurd Gen1/2 tradition of having sun visors that don't swing sideways. Tell me it ain't so...</FONT c>

VCA's #1 SRT styling whiner