Black Viper with Silver stripes at Ontario Mills - U should be ASHAMED

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are the owner of the black GTS with silver stripes at the Ontario Mills mall today, you should be ASHAMED of yourself. That was absolutely the dirtiest Viper I have ever seen in my life. Looks like you have not washed it for more than 3 months. Plus you parked it so close to everyone else in those compact spots that I am surprised no one banged your doors. My wife didn't even realize it was a Viper until I pointed it out.

Why do you hate your car so much?

Mike

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please say this is a leftover April Fool's joke. Say it didn't happen; treating a car like the Viper as just another automotive unit.
I am so glad that I didn't witness such a travesty of Viper ownership.

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should have taken a picture. Wife always has a camera in her purse. Oh well.

My wife really didn't know it was a Viper because it was so dirty. Didn't stand out at all.

Mike

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe what you experienced today is someone that doesn't even deserve to hold the keys to a viper. I have a friend that has an srt and a 98 gts. He keeps the 98 gts like crap. With him its a case of having a lot of money and not appreciating anything because of the attitude of I can always buy another one. It totally kills me to see the car always a mess and treated like a Ford Taurus thats rented during spring break at Daytona Beach. I told him, let me buy the car but the ******* wants top dollar for it with 65000 miles and the birdcrap thats on the hood. I totally understand you being ********** for what you saw today. Curious how you like the B&M shifter I get mixed reviews on it.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truly sad. Poor Viper. :( That's just wrong.

You must be registered for see images

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the poor guy a break......

not everybody's Viper can look as good as mine

195100_0580a.JPG

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, JDawg, that's one beautiful car. I bet 10 bucks the guy w/the dirty car isn't a club member.
I mean, that is one lovely ride.

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious how you like the B&M shifter I get mixed reviews on it.

I absolutely love it. I don't miss shifts anymore. I used to have a hard time finding 3rd, (I even popped it into first when trying to shift to third at WOT going around 80MPH... that was fun) now it just goes right in. Almost moves itself to the proper slot when I push up. Actually, it might. 3rd to 4th is simple too... just straight down and it clicks right in.

I had Dodge install it. They took 6 hours! The instructions say it will take 1 hour. They only charged me for 1 hour though. I am not handy so I can't do things like that myself.

The instructions say that if you use their shift lever, you will have a better feel but more vibrations. I used their shift lever, and I don't have anymore vibrations that I did with my stock lever.

No heat issue either.

I am extremely pleased with it. It is a lot stiffer (feels more solid when it goes into gear.) It is also EASY to get into 5th, 6th and reverse. I have heard short shifters were harder to get into those gears because of how far over they are and it takes more muscle... but this one makes it easy.

So... I am happy.

Mike

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snazzy, J Dawg. Sharp! What a great pic.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike for your comments. I will go with that mod soon.

J Dawg that photo looks too awesome. Tell me you didn't photo enhance it bit. Great pic either way!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there something I don't know about this photo? Can't it just be right clicked...and saved from here?

GTS Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys jump all over someone you don't even know cause his car was dirty and where he parked. You don't know the situation or the person just relax. Its just a car and it will probably be cleaned soon. If it doesn't relax all the same as you will live longer without stressing out so much over something so small that isn't even yours.

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the poor guy a break......

not everybody's Viper can look as good as mine

195100_0580a.JPG
JDAWG...I highjacked your pic and saved it in my picture gallery cause I don't have many good shots of mine. And, well....since they're twins...I hope you don't mind!! :D

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the guy is on to something. He's just protecting his paint from sunlight with a thin layer of dirt. Its a great Idea and cheaper than wax!

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear a thin layer of dirt on your car makes it twice as hard for the Lazer Radar to nab ya ;)

He must have been making some high-speed runs, and then parked it in close proximity to some other cars until the cops cooled down and stopped looking for him.

I mean, What cop in his right mind would look for a Viper parked between some beaterz in a mall parking lot?!

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stugots, in all seriousness, a dirty car is harder to "paint" and get a good reading with the Lazer speed guns. :)