BLACKOUT HEADLIGHTS

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi, does anyone know where i can get blackout headlights for 05 viper. thanks in advance

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had gotten ours through Dodge--put them on ourselves on our '05 Black Convertible--looks AWEsome, :2tu: :2tu: and does NOT stop any light from getting thru once your lights are on, same with the fog lights, we did them too. WELLL worth it.
the site is theviperstore.com, under Viper Products, Page 4, now they have <font color="blue"> blue </font> tint also as well as clear (we got the black) ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW-an impressive site, BAT :2tu: ....just added you to our favorites, amazing overlays, will order from you next time--sorry, didn't know about you wayyyyy back...thanx for posting your site. :headbang: ~juli~

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know of a website where you can check to see if these are legal in your state? Texas?

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lagality is up to the police officer who pulls you over. Will you get pulled over for tinted tails? No. But if you get pulled over for something else and your are actin glike a dick, you might get some flack from the tails. When I spray tails, I do thee difernt shades, light, medium and dark...I run medium on all my personal cars and have not had an issue yet...thats with limo tint on my windows too

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems here with Zens tinted tail and head lights. I also have the dark tint on my windows, never been a problem here. Pass by cops all the time. But its like Zen said, be a **** and you are done! :cool:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of a website where you can check to see if these are legal in your state? Texas?

As long as your lights show THRU the tint when on, been told there are no legal issues (NY). Also have tinted windows on another personal vehicle, but JUST to the legal limit here in NY. And, as above, ALWAYS respect an officer if you are stopped for WHATever reason (as has happened MANY times here, no tickets). :smirk: ~juli~

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As long as your lights show THRU the tint when on, been told there are no legal issues (NY). Also have tinted windows on another personal vehicle, but JUST to the legal limit here in NY. And, as above, ALWAYS respect an officer if you are stopped for WHATever reason (as has happened MANY times here, no tickets). :smirk: ~juli~

Be careful. In Ct, your headlights have to have the capability to throw light a distance of 1,000 feet. I wouldn't be suprised if other states have similiar regulations. Also, if you get hit by someone at night who said they didn't see you approach, be prepared for some liability issues. Cool looks, but I wouldn't do anything to limit the safety aspects of my vehicles. JMHO.

~Craig

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I want even brighter headlights. Certainly not dimmer. No matter how good they look. That's why we have HID lamps - so we can see further and better.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at our avatar, we show the smoky dark tinted on the '05 Black Vert...we love them.
Can see just fine at night, and since we don't drive much at night anyway--not a prob.
Ordered them thru theviperstore.com I believe...I can't find my invoice from that long ago.
You put them on with soapened water, slide them in place. Love the look!!
~juli~

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at our avatar, we show the smoky dark tinted on the '05 Black Vert...we love them.
Can see just fine at night, and since we don't drive much at night anyway--not a prob.
Ordered them thru theviperstore.com I believe...I can't find my invoice from that long ago.
You put them on with soapened water, slide them in place. Love the look!!
~juli~

Went to ViperStore and found them as well as lots of other things. Really a nice Site and really a lot of neat items. Thanks again... :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, see below and this avatar....this is an '05 Black Vert...love the smoky film, doesn't interfere with night driving...got them at theviperstore.com..they also have other colors and clear (to protect against dings from stones, main reason we have them)....hope this helps! ~juli~
BTW: Do you have a Lotus? LOVE the Elise/Exige...next down from the Viper!!

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's my lighter 3/10 tint on my 2nd gen. Very little affect on light output if any:

You must be registered for see images attach

darker 6/10 tint, about a 13% decrease in light output. Driver's side has Overlay, passenger side does not:

More pics and Overlays can be seen in my Gallery below ;).

Bat™

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i sold my esprit and got a diablo vt,lotus was an awsome car.i think im gonna have my rear lights balck out on my vert.

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my lighter 3/10 tint on my 2nd gen. Very little affect on light output if any:

darker 6/10 tint, about a 13% decrease in light output. Driver's side has Overlay, passenger side does not:

More pics and Overlays can be seen in my Gallery below ;).

Bat™

Nice pictures BatMobile.... I will order soon... Will go back and look at your Website. Thanks again. They look great !

Tranzow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a prior thread regarding the visibility and legality. I called and talked to DPS (state cops in AZ), and was told that it's illegal in AZ if it cuts down on visibility from the original equipment (clear glass) period. I was disappointed to hear that, as I think the look would be great on my yellow 05 vert. Here's my concern: I do drive at night. If the only issue was getting pulled over my the cops and getting a ticket for the tint I could likely handle it. But my wife and I enjoy going out on weekends for dinner and having a drink or two. To much risk for a DUI! Case in point, a friend of mine was pulled over at 8pm at night for a taillight out. Had 2 beers (no kidding!) after dinner with his wife. Went thru all the tests and the breathalizer and passed, but scared the hell out of him.

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
juli...if I put the lense covers that you have on mine and don't like them, how easy would it be to take off??

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clear one thing up, there is no such thing as ND neutral density (tint) which does not effect light output.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jimmy6383: Not extremely easy, but easy enough--you'd just have to wash the residue leftover from the 'sticky' backside of the tint. As I said, and in posts related to this, we don't drive the Viper much at night if at all, have found night vision IS limited with the dark tint...we noted more so since others have posted about that...but love the daytime look!! Hope this helps. ~juli~