Blast from the Past ! Membership Cost & GTS Order Form

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While cleaning out some old files I ran across these forms. After reading the thread on cost of Membership, I thought the younger membership might be interested in seeing these. Even though my avatar is date Aug 2003, I first became a member back in 1995. I also attended the first VOI in Michigan the same year. The excitement at the time was the fact we were going to get to drive around the track at MIS. Well we did, but I don't think anyone got to exceed 25 MPH !!
My first Viper was the 94 R/T. Ordered the 96 GTS as only current owners of Vipers could order them at the time. Never took delivery (but kept the window sticker with my name on on it) due to dealer misrepresentation. Purchased a 98 GTS then traded it in on my current 2008 SRT-10

Attachments

• ViperApp.jpg
    ViperApp.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 92

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats great stuff.
What was the going price for a new 96 GTS at that time, was it sticker plus dealer markup?

OP
OP
A

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchase price was sticker price. Now what the dealers would do, is try to buy these coupons from owners or find a way to screw them out of the car as they did me, then add $5,000 to the sticker price and they would usually have people lined up to purchase them. Sticker price was about $66,000 if I remember right.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those were the days... We were just coming out of a recession, and the dot-com mania was just starting. I was trying to order a '96 GTS, and most dealers were a nightmare to 'deal' with. One guy marked up a showroom GTS to $120k and wouldn't budge from the price. I ended up putting in an order, gave a reputable dealer a deposit, and still had to wait until '97 to get my GTS. It turned out great, so no regrets...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THANKS MUCH for sharing that! I even printed the GTS Coupon, and suggest any nit-picky 96 GTS owners do the same. "Got Docs?" was a great VM article by Maurice a while back, and that doc is part of 96 GTS Hisstory. That "coupon program" was both loved by we Gen 1 NEW car owners, but hated by many dealers.

Note: You only received an automatic cert if you had bought a Gen 1 Viper NEW, from MSO....not a used or brokered car!

Thanks Again....

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff- Thanks for posting as I had never seen the 96 GTS intent to purchase form.... Do you by chance have the confirmation letter that Chrysler sent you back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang