Bleed my clutch, but fluid had chunks in it

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my 08's has been suffering with the spongy pedal for quite a while. Dealer replaced the throw-out bearing and slave cylinder, but that didn't do the trick, so we just tried to bleed the clutch. As we bled it chucks of white and leaf looking material came out.

I think they are going to have to replace the entire system now. I sure hope it solves the problem. I don't really know how long it has had this problem as I only noticed it after I got the second 08 (Oct of last year) to compare. Although I always thought the clutch was not right.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same issue on mine after the belangers cooked the fluid.....insulation and DOT 4 did the trick...when I bled the clutch I noticed small particles but not to the order of what you report....I understand these fluids are bought in bulk containers......who knows what is floating around near the bottom...are you running belangers in your ACR????

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend runs a 2006 Z06 and told me about rangeracceleration.com
and his clutch solution. Apparently the Vettes **** in a lot of clutch dust past the seal. He has a video online and explains how to fix the issue (mainly, a lot of fluid flushing when abusing the car).

I don't know if Vipers suffer the same issues, but it was educational. Can't vouch one bit for the guy, but he does seem to research and prove whats going on with the Vettes.

Your whitish stuff doesn't sound like clutch dust, but with the heat of these exhaust systems, fresh fluid may be the cheapest and most reliable way to keep our clutches working well.

Cheers,
George

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a ton of h20- i have never seen or heard of this- crazy----does not make sense to me on a new car-not even a old car-

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same issue on mine after the belangers cooked the fluid.....insulation and DOT 4 did the trick...when I bled the clutch I noticed small particles but not to the order of what you report....I understand these fluids are bought in bulk containers......who knows what is floating around near the bottom...are you running belangers in your ACR????

Sorry I didn't repond sooner I was making an offer on a house yesterday.

No I do not have headers, and the car only has 3500 miles on it.

The dealer is going to replace the entire hydraulic clutch system (just not the clutch as it is fine). The fluid was the color os Coke. I brought in the fluid to the dealer and they were surprised to say the least. Were vitually flushed the system with fluid, but it kept coming out very dark.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Often a hydraulic fluid (i.e. shock absorber fluid) will darken quickly when in contact with certain aluminum (shock body) surfaces that are not anodized. Don't know if the slave cylinder has some coating although I believe it is aluminum.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so was it white or the color of coke-? you state 2 differant quotes here

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so was it white or the color of coke-? you state 2 differant quotes here

Sorry....been very busy...it was the color of Coke with white chunks (sort of balls - like water) and material that looks like small pieces of leaves.

It goes in tomorrow for the repairs...fingers crossed.

V

Venomiss

Sorry....been very busy...it was the color of Coke with white chunks (sort of balls - like water) and material that looks like small pieces of leaves.

It goes in tomorrow for the repairs...fingers crossed.
Wonder if this would be a good question to post for the SRT Engineers.
Good luck with it!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do u mean by spongy, my 08 doesn't shift quite as smoothly as i thought it would...