OP
K

kernie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the doug levin idea, I just want to see and experience
all the goodness that is supercharging. I think it would
look pretty sweet the have the intake runners drop down over
the blower, with the whole thing sticking out of the hood.

Might give those supra drivers something to think about....

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kernie:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kernie:
THAT is precisely the WRONG reason to supercharge (regardless if the SC type might be "through the hood"
rolleyes.gif
). I don't mean to flame, but your indicated mindset IS supra. Let's set our comparative lustful sites on Ferrari.
wink.gif

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Only other blower that is roots-style are the whipples or eatons... like what Roe is doing for his cars (and the current mustang cobra).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Eaton is a roots-style blower, but the Whipples and the Autorotor that Sean Roe is using are twin-screw blowers, not roots-style. All are positive displacement blowers, but the twin-screw type is significantly more efficient than the roots.

Ronnie

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't resist responding to this one! Ha!
As the owner of two 6-71 blown hot rods, I can tell you that yes, it would be possible but impractical to do it to a Viper. The wide belt you'd need to use would be a problem...the whole thing would probably have to stick out of the hood obstructing your vision too much, and carbs or EFI would add even more height, making the whole thing look like a throwback from something Big Daddy Roth might have done for the Monkees. Just not practical at all and yes, they do eat up a significant amount of power from being crank driven, but on a hot rod, they make so much power in all rpm ranges, that they are wildly popular with the street rod guys. And, on top of all that, if you really wanted to spin one up, you'd have to lower the compression ratio (new pistons, etc) down to a reasonable level. The beauty of having it all under the hood and tidy is priceless. www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/5567
Click on "T-bucket" to see my nitrous oxide AND supercharged 1,500 pound rocketship.
Gives new meaning to the phrase, "death wish", doesn't it? Ha! Pete the you-know-who and hot rodder

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recomend BDS to anyone who has a off brand (IE: Mopar).

8-71s on a 572" legend.. YEAH BABY... got to love that 2mpg
laugh.gif

MM

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To mount a 8-71 (as you don't want to starve the V10 do ya?) would require going to carb.. Or maybe a stand alone EFI system from BDS... but thats big bucks.

Only other blower that is roots-style are the whipples or eatons... like what Roe is doing for his cars (and the current mustang cobra).

MM

OP
OP
K

kernie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the doug levin idea, I just want to see and experience
all the goodness that is supercharging. I think it would
look pretty sweet the have the intake runners drop down over
the blower, with the whole thing sticking out of the hood.