Bob Lutz's Vipers for sale

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob Lutz has asked Colin Comer author of Million Dollar Muscle cars and the Complete book of Shelby to sell both his rare Vipers through Colin's classic car dealership. The 92 RT 10 is # 002 and the 98 GT2 is #99. Very interesting cars.

I have never seen a dash plate on the 92 like Lutz has? Has anyone else? Is that a very early car thing? I don't have one on my 92 #135?

Kind of interesting timing for Bob Lutz to sell these two Vipers he has owned from
new?

Link: The Bob Lutz Viper RT/10 and GTS-R For Sale at Colin's Classic Auto

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dash plate looks like something that could have been made by Zero Altitude Flight. They make a lot of those plates and used to even make them for Hennessey.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish he would buy the whole Viper business. Lutz has always been a car guy's car guy. He'ld do it right!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he also has a 1996 Coupe (#2) so maybe he is not divesting entirely.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty disappointing to see. For a guy not hurting for money, these are quite significant cars and are symbols of his best contribution to the auto industry and his legacy.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm... GM stock in 2007 was $30+. GM stock recently <$1. Given the government attention (intervention?) there were probably sale restrictions. So it might have been a really ugly surprise.

Before we judge, is he selling any Fords or his Cobra?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm... GM stock in 2007 was $30+. GM stock recently <$1. Given the government attention (intervention?) there were probably sale restrictions. So it might have been a really ugly surprise.

I am pretty sure Bob would have amassed some wealth elsewhere. He doesn't need to sell these cars to buy food.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

His Cobra is a replica. Not that he could not afford a real one but he drives the replica regularly.

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My good friend just sold GTS-R #001 for $125 maybe a hair less.

#98 with those miles will probably fetch 95k in this market.

That's my .02

The #002 Gen 1? Its whatever the buyer wants to pay for it.

I cant imagine it selling for more than 100k.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also worked for BMW and Ford! So what does that say?

Look at the products each company at the end of his tenure. That tells more about what he was able to accomplish. If only Iacocca had trusted him.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also worked for BMW and Ford! So what does that say?

Look at the products each company at the end of his tenure. That tells more about what he was able to accomplish. If only Iacocca had trusted him.

Very well said. History would have been quite different, imagine Jurgen trying to sell Lutz the deal Eaton bought.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I spoked with one of my friend[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]s that was interested in buying Lutz's GTS-R and they confirmed it has already been sold. Hopefully the ne[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]w owner will show up here!
[/FONT][/FONT]

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I had some guy trying to tell me that he knew the owner of the #002 RT at a local car show. He acted all stupid when I explained that it was Bob Lutzs car a was recently sold to a VCA member:rolaugh:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I had some guy trying to tell me that he knew the owner of the #002 RT at a local car show. He acted all stupid when I explained that it was Bob Lutzs car a was recently sold to a VCA member:rolaugh:

That's pretty funny! He lives near me...hoping to go see it soon!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I spoked with one of my friend[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]s that was interested in buying Lutz's GTS-R and they confirmed it has already been sold. Hopefully the ne[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]w owner will show up here! [/FONT][/FONT]

A car with that kind of desirable history will surely attract the new owner(s) here relatively soon,[ unless of course it was bought for re-sale.]

I have a feeling we will be hearing more on this cornerstone of Viper History...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21