Boost gauge with a Roe SC

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone with the Roe Supercharger install a boost gauge yet?I would like to see the boost changes while driving and with the addition of future mods,smaller pulleys,etc.

Which ones work?How to install? Thanks

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very easy any boost/vacumm gauge should work just T it in to your bypass hose or msd box if you have one ,mine works great you can see it work throughout your rpm range it may not be high but it sure is consistant

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you should ask. I got my s/c on yesterday and was wondering about the accuracy of my gauge. I robbed it off my truck and it will get as high as 7 psi (the truck got a 0-100psi it runs 35+ psi). I need to verify with another gauge or pressure device. Before I installed the intake base I drilled/tapped for a boost port. After all the forced induction vehicles I have had I cannot imagine running without one. If nothing else it will tell you the health of the blower. As Vipermed said a plastic tee at the bypass will work fine.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plumed one in on mine just to check I was getting the 5.5 psi. Used a small plastic T-piece (actually a windshield wipers-wash line connector!) into the MSD boost box vacuum rubber hose supply line. Then just run another rubber vacuum hose line off that, (you can buy lengths of it at Autoshops) to the back of your gauge, just pushes on, easy as that! The basic boost gauges don't even require electrics to them if you don't want it lit at night.

You can get fluid filled gages, these are good quality as the reason for the fluid is to stop any needle-pointer quiver that it can pick up off car vibrations. Problem with most boost gages is that they are for Turbos and display big boost readings, say 30 psi or several bar, and the 5 psi will hardly show on the dials low graduation markings! There are some about that display to 15 psi, so shop around. The US company I know for that does them is www.jegs.com I think they are about $30.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
summit sells a 2 5/8" boost gauge with 30in/vac.20psi boost very easy to read and accurate $29.00 part#ATM2310 summit#1-800-230-3030

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black snake you will also need to purchase a 1 5/8 gauge cup to hold the gauge, you probably would not like where i installed mine, i have multiple gauges along w/shiftlite on my dash, will take pictures and post,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant