Brake pins

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently brake pins are unavailable through the dealer except as a package with the spring and the brake pads. Also, apparently these are unavailable through Brembo directly. This leads me to a few questions:

1. Has anyone obtained these otherwise? (Separate from a situation of a one-off purchase from an individual who had a spare)
2. Has anyone had someone make these for them?
3. Has anyone been forced to purchase the aforementioned package in order to get the pin without wanting the pads themselves?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I will root around in my parts cabinet tomorrow to see if I can find a NEW pin for you...that is, IF it's a front pin that you need. One local dealer has accused me of having a whole Viper in there (NOT...hood wouldn't fit) :D :D :headbang: :headbang:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Guess that my e-mail can't get thru...again...so, here it is:

" Subj: Brake pin ???
Date: 9/3/2004 1:48:44 PM US Eastern Standard Time (and 9/6/04)
To: [email protected]

"Thread still open on VCA BBS...Were you able to obtain a brake pin?

If "yes"...as a "public service", could you confirm source ?

If you are still in need, I may be of assistance.

Thanks,

Steve Fess..."Steve-Indy" "

P.S....I HATE to see a fellow Member's Viper sit idle due to parts problem !!!!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got sent pins from Tom Hayden (thanks Tom!), but that's not an endless supply - I tried to make some calls to Brembo, who they sell through, etc., but to no avail. Thanks though!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for response...hoping to get more direct info from Brembo's official distributor in Marina Del Ray...they were very helpful on the phone. Actually, there are quite a few Brembo systems available as upgrades...am looking forward to some info that they are sending me.

Glad you're back in action !