Brake question for my ACR 08

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello friends,

which brake discs front and rear should I buy for my acr 08?

the original ones from Stoptech but I have no item number. is there an alternative?
I have been offered by this Stoptech: 127-63056R StopTech front and rear StopTech 128-63056R.

My ACR is run on track days.

What kind of pads you have the best experience?

Please help me. In Germany there is unfortunately no information and I would like to be faster than Ferrari and Prosche:D

many thanks
Andi

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello friends,

the original ones from Stoptech but I have no item number. is there an alternative?
I have been offered by this Stoptech: 127-63056R StopTech front and rear StopTech 128-63056R.

Please help me. In Germany there is unfortunately no information and I would like to be faster than Ferrari and Prosche:D

many thanks
Andi

I would stay with the Stoptechs. You can replace just the outer ring and reuse the rotor hats.

Track pads... (You'll get a lot of opinions here...)
Carbotech XP12 front/XP8 rear (Mark J. at Woodhouse)
Or
Brakeman3 front/Mintex rear (Partsrack)

IMO.....

Good Luck....:)

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brakeman3 front/Mintex rear (Partsrack)

IMO.....

Good Luck....:)

I think you mean Mintex front/Brakeman 3 rear?

RotorA also has a pretty stout friction ring, slotted and slotted/drilled, that should interchange with the Stoptech Aerorotor.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you mean Mintex front/Brakeman 3 rear?

RotorA also has a pretty stout friction ring, slotted and slotted/drilled, that should interchange with the Stoptech Aerorotor.

My mistake, you are correct for ACR Stoptechs....

I just recently added the bigger ACRX Brembo front rotors with the bigger PFC7781 pads.
To keep the brake bias the same, and with the bigger, better braking in front, it was recomended to use the Mintex in back...

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently added the bigger ACRX Brembo front rotors with the bigger PFC7781 pads.
To keep the brake bias the same, and with the bigger, better braking in front, it was recomended to use the Mintex in back...

Sweet. Where do you get the Brembo rotors? Do they bolt up to the ACR hats or do you need new hats as well? Are the Mintex F2R pads still available?

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need new hats to make the Brembo Rotors work. I got the brembo rotors from Tom Francis at DMS and appears to have the most competitive price. I know you asked Treesnake but thought I would chime in.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet. Where do you get the Brembo rotors? Do they bolt up to the ACR hats or do you need new hats as well? Are the Mintex F2R pads still available?

Might be of more help here....

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/650977-ACR-X-Brakes

You need new hats to make the Brembo Rotors work. I got the brembo rotors from Tom Francis at DMS and appears to have the most competitive price. I know you asked Treesnake but thought I would chime in.

No problem here F8L, I would have given the same answer.....

Thanks again for your help to build my X clone... :2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello friends,

many thanks
Andi

I remember pricing these before I went a different direction...

JonB (Partsrack) had the rotor rings and the replacement hdwe for $500 a pair...

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tank you for the answears.But has the acr fading whit the normal brüskes or is o.k.