Brakes not as good as SRT-10

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have been recently driving my GTS and although I love the car, the braking vs. my Srt-10 is considerably inferior. Which brings me to my very first mod.
Other the an upgrade to the rotors, is it possible to upgrade to larger calipers similar to the SRT-10 front and back?? Where can I purchase them........I was thinking or similar sizes to the 3rd gen calipers.
Thanks guys
Patrick

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have been recently driving my GTS and although I love the car, the braking vs. my Srt-10 is considerably inferior. Which brings me to my very first mod.
Other the an upgrade to the rotors, is it possible to upgrade to larger calipers similar to the SRT-10 front and back?? Where can I purchase them........I was thinking or similar sizes to the 3rd gen calipers.
Thanks guys
Patrick

Hey Patrick
How about having SRT-10 calipers on your GTS:drive:Thanks City
Give me a call @ 858-382-4713 cell
Dave's Big Brakes

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave's Big Brakes! :2tu:

IMG_2251.JPG

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Use the search feature to find some technical articles and what's an improvement and what's wasted money. I have better perrormance than a Gen 3. I'd recommend using lightweight rotors and 14" on the front. Slotted are an improvement. Slotted and drilled are a bigger improvement, but under heavy use may crack the rotor's holes. 9# lighter per rotor with 2 piece (aluminium hats). Rear brakes are equal if pads are changed as rears only do 20% of stopping. Huge Gen 3 calipers and emergency adapters do look pretty, if that's what you're after.

Ted

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daves BBs are the way to go, fitted these to a '97...but not my '97; I'm still running OE and out front, just damn anoying they get so hot, melt the BJ grease and it sometimes catches fire!! Daves or Toms brakes conversion are best way to go, with Cones cooling. Some just like the big caliper look to show off with, one day I'll fit it to mine when I can afford to junk all my 17" rims and go to 18" that's needed. SRT are superior, both ABS (balance too) and heat dealing.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have tangible data on "better". Before and after G force with the same tires, same date/temps, same pad compounds?

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah.l..I remember that thread although I didn't recall the srt10 data. I'd really like to compare your kit to Dave's. I should probably see if Kurt is up for it as he has a 2000 ACR with Dave's kit. If we could come up with the same pads, we could do a quick tire switch between the two and gather data on the same day.
It would seem the two kits perform very close.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you try it, weigh each car and if possible, get corner weights.

I have mime somwhere with the track wheels. I know Kurts would be heavier by about 100lbs or more. A little less if we used my tires.

I wish I owned scales.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960