Brakes roaring?

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2000 GTS, no ABS...

Just got EBCReds installed about 100miles or so ago... at first everything went fine, but just recently Ive noticed when I press on the brakes hard, I get a roaring sound coming from the brakes. It almost sounds like my tires are feathered/gone but they're in good condition.

Also, this only happens after some heavy braking while driving... If Im to just start the car for the day and go out, its fine for the 1st 30mins or so.... then it'll start roaring + i can feel a thump somewhat... almost like somethings dragging under the car.

Another weird thing... when I drive in reverse for about 10meters or so, and then go forward to try and make the sound again, the sound is either heavily reduced, or completely gone....

Im assuming its related to the pads since theyre the only thing that was changed and the noise has come since then. Noise does not occur on light braking... only when you hit the brake pedal pretty hard.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
H

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, when the "thumping" happens, its almost like im breaking rocks with my brakes or something....

Seems like it would typically be bearing symptoms... but its happened since my brakepad change... cars got 22,000miles

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who put them on?

Were they bedded properly?

Have you rechecked all the hardware to ensure it was properly reinstalled?

Have you pulled the wheels to take a general looksie???