BREAK DUST

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I WANT TO STOP THE BREAK DUST.THIS IS A REGUALR PLAIN JANE 2001.EVERY TIME I TAKE IT FOR A RUN.THE WHEELS ARE FULL OF IT .WHAT IS A VERY GOOD PAD REPLACEMENT THAT WILL STOP THE MESS.ALSO I HEAR TELL OF A HARLEY WAX THAT DOSENT GATHER AS MUCH DUST .WHAT GIVES?????

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EBC changed their compound and are no longer the ultra low brake dust pad they used to be. I swtiched to Porterfield R4-S and they are at least half the dust as the current EBC greens.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is breaking dust like breaking wind?

Seriously, if you are not tracking your car and you do not mind the extra pedal pressure required, especially for cold braking, then EBC Greens are for you. I had not heard about the formula change though.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
EBC changed their compound and are no longer the ultra low brake dust pad they used to be. I swtiched to Porterfield R4-S and they are at least half the dust as the current EBC greens.

how is the stopping power compared to stock and EBC?

I just switched to greens about 150 miles ago and can't tell any difference in stopping compared to the stock pads.
ps. I only do city driving.(no track)
pss. ebc did change compounds on the greens and they do put off more dust than the old ones did

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just keep'em waxed and have a rag handy to dust them off while the wife runs through the mall or to the bathroom or whatever the hell else she does that takes forever! Gives me something to do so fogetabodit!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your using the brakes too much thats all. Try not to touch the brake pedal at all it will cut down on the dust immensely.