broke a blower belt. how the hell do I replace it. Paxton GTS DLM car

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I just bought a very slick 98 GTS with a DLM paxton kit on it. on the ride home the blower belt gave. not sure what caused it. ate a rib off the regular belt before I noticed. what was left of the belt was all wrapped up around the blower pulley. I turned the blower pulley and it had minimal but smooth resistance, so I assume it is not the blower pulley. no noises etc....I had no idea the belt let go. the biggest question I have is how the hell do I replace both belts without taking the blower off the car/hood etc. is there a simple procedure someone can point me to? I'm handy with tools, but don't want to do more than necessary if there is a simple way to do it out there. also, any ideas what would have caused the belt to break? it had approximately 2k miles on the belt. what are the chances an idler went or there is a problem? it was a nice belt, so I'm tempted to rule out possibly just a bad belt. but I guess it could be.

any help appreciated, otherwise I'm going to limp it down to RSI this friday if they can take care of it for me. and talk to them about a brake upgrade possibly.