broken passanger side mirror & trunk lid adjustment

vprdude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all. The view side mirror on the passenger side (Gen II) never really worked properly and now it's dead -> can't electronically move it. Any ideas how to fix it? :confused:

Another q is regarding the trunk lid. When I close the trunk it's not 100% aligned with the rest of the back. I tried to play around with the screws underneath the trunk-lid, but it won't fix the problem.... :dunno:

any suggestions?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi vprdude,
Am I reading your location right, Hong Kong! WOW:cool: How are the roads over there for a Viper?

The problem with your mirror could be in the door wiring between the door and the body [broken wire, that's common]? Or could be a bad mirror? Right mirror #4854276AC MSRP $250.00 [less 20% VCA discount] they are on back order.

For your trunk lid, on the hinges were they are bolted to the lid, that is were you make your adjustments. Before you loosen the nuts, scribe/mark around the nuts so you know were you started from! Make small adjustments!!

*** this helps?

OP
OP
V

vprdude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove my RT10 from London back to Switzerland... and left it there with my dad... There was just no way I'd bring a Viper to Hong Kong... import tax is something around 60%-80% on top what you pay for the car. besides you'd need to change the steering wheel to the right hand side..

thanks for the info.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For your trunk lid, on the hinges were they are bolted to the lid, that is were you make your adjustments. Before you loosen the nuts, scribe/mark around the nuts so you know were you started from! Make small adjustments!!

*** this helps?

Or you could lock a midget in your trunk with the appropriate size wrench...make the adjustments on the outside and have him tighten the nuts in place. :D :D :D

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi vprdude,
Am I reading your location right, Hong Kong! WOW:cool: How are the roads over there for a Viper?

The problem with your mirror could be in the door wiring between the door and the body [broken wire, that's common]? Or could be a bad mirror? Right mirror #4854276AC MSRP $250.00 [less 20% VCA discount] they are on back order.

*** this helps?

Chuck, might he be able to get a mirror off of a stealth or 3000GT and have it painted? I thought they shared the same part #?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you dont want brand new off Chuck, ive brought a few off ebay for people over here, mitsubishi 3000GT is an exact match

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi