Brushed Aluminum Console and Dash

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone considered a brushed aluminum console and dash? I think the look would be fantastic and would match the door pulls and latches. I don't think that anyone produces this. Let me know if I am wrong about that. I am going to have one machined and see how it looks.

I'll post pics when it is done if there is any interest.

Dirk

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like a center console in a color, similar to the special edition Vipers. Is there anyone who can make one? I am not interested in anything that uses glue or tape.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The standard Mamba interior red accents do not match the red exterior Viper paint. There are online shops that will do the job on an exchange basis.

Alice

OP
OP
D

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It doesn't seem too tough to remove the dash and console. A few allen bolts, maybe the shifter bezel, that's about all.

Getting it painted from that point is just a matter of finding someone competent to do it. I've considered that.

What I am really interested in is a replacement for the dash and center console, or maybe just the center console, that matches the other brushed aluminum pieces. Not interested in overlays or anything. Of course, if I replaced the console with a brushed alum. piece then the shifter bezel might need to be done in black to look right.

Oh well, have a great weekend everyone. I'll be the crazy guy driving around in the southern Indiana snow in the 04 red srt-10.

Dirk

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At VOI the Mopar booth presented several aftermarket dash sets they planned to market. There was a brushed aluminum, carbon fiber and colored sets. Have not yet seen a production version.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brushed alum dash?Yep good for reflections into your eyes.Certainly would garner the ricer vote but not the driver vote.Of course a serious driver could always spray paint it flat black. GTS Bruce

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lower console is easy to pull off - remove the shift bezel and unplug the lighter and two window switches. Upper console is a little bit more of a challenge, but not much. Here is the "carbon fiber" console that was on the Mopar SRT-10 at VOI8:

You must be registered for see images

It looks a lot nicer in person than this semi-cheesy photo. Personally, I thought it looked pretty good...

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZeroAltitudeflight--Call Randy (203-469-4202)tell him Chuck told you. Top shelf brushed Aluminun dash. Much thicker and nicer then the other maker in my opinion. He has lots of Viper stuff from gauge trim rings to custom sill covers,etc. I have pics i can send you just email me. He is 35 minutes from me in New Haven CT. His Brother Jack is a great guy also.Excellant Top of the line Products.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i can make your stock dash piece into the color ones, it will match perfectly to your exterior color, PM or e-mail us..thanks

jcmacsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
I never saw the show car. Do you or anyone else have pics on the"butterfly"
regulators for the vent openings? I would like to see them.
Thanks,
MAC

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a doubt, one of the coolest features on the concept coupe were the carb butterfly vent openings. They even had the little screw in the butterfly shaft.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96