BTR 2003 Dodge Ram HEMI 4x4 Runs 13.90 during inital testing!!!!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Our first 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 HEMI powered pickup (not my Cummins Tow Vehicle) ran 13.9 tonight at 94 MPH.

This truck is BONE STOCK Four Wheel Drive with our New Nitrous and Propane Injection. Jetting was very conservative for the first time out and we will be turning up the power over the next few days.

Truck had a 1.82 60' time!!! launching in 4 WHEEL DRIVE....LOL

For those with interest, we will be adding this and other products for Dodge pickups and other models to our website over the coming weeks.

Thanks for reading.

Tom

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That has Lee Saunders behind the wheel of his Hemi truck......smoking a Duramax Diesel..... Duramax would NOT come over and talk to us after that. :D

A Dualley Dodge Diesel Crew cab ran back to back 14.902 and 14.92 with a stock truck and no nitrous. :2tu:

Cudaman :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuelman was running his Camero 12.60's all night long beating up on the locals too. :)

There was a 4 cylinder Mazada running back to back 8.80's as well.

Cudaman :usa:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you set up the bottle/tank?? I the back bed?

Next question: I have found from readings that the PCM is what is holding that truck back and untill Mopar or Hypertech comes out with something to correct that, we should leave well enough alone.

AC

Viperam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you planning to install any of your "Snake" performance packages in the Ram SRT-10? If so, do you need a project truck? ;)

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,

tanks mount in the bed.........and we have several "hidaway" options to keep them from view.

We dynoed the truck today......then upped the jetting for another 50 hp and 100 more RWTQ!! Will be back at the track again soon! For the inquiring minds here are the numbers;

BONE STOCK

248 RWHP @ 294 RWTQ

With BTR NOS/Propane

397 RWHP @ 485 RWTQ (this was on a partial pull as the fly-by-wire was counteracting the WOT inputs!). The a/f was 12.0

We found that the PCM or the fly-by-wire would regulate the throttle input when we stepped up the jetting.....as the PCM must have been sensing a higher load. Also, we had to do the pulls in 2nd GEAR. The PCM shut down the engine at approx. 4500 RPM in 3rd due to the tire rating I believe. Just that alone means theres more power in this truck that we cannot see. It now has the larger jets in it and performs incredible on the street, and it will be back at the track for "real world" testing.

Viperam,

We have SRT-10 Stuff ready.........send me the project truck.......will work you a deal!

Tom