Buffalo owners

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a job interview in Buffalo tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone could let me know how many other Viper owners are located there? How many months of the year do you actually have available to drive the Viper? I have never lived remotely close to this area so I have no idea what to expect.

This will be a quick trip so will not have time to linger. However I expect a subsequent trip so any tips about things to do as well as where in the area one should look for homes would be appreciated. Any other information about the area, things to watch out for in relocating to this area, etc are welcome as well.

David.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could contact: (username--try private messengering them?)
viper specialty/daniel lesser
jeff monheim/west seneca, ny

Good Luck, David! (I'm from Syracuse, snowiest city in NY State...Buffalo and Rochester are close seconds in snow/cold/ice...long winters, not to be a downer!! BEAUTIFUL summers/autumn, and you got Niagara Falls, one of the 7 wonders of the world!!!) ~juli

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also with Buffalo being so close to Ontario (about 15 minutes to the border), our two chapters do mix alot of events, so there is 90 Ontario guys not too far!:)

As for driving, from about mid to late October to mid April the cars sleep. But when they do come out, boy do we make up for lost time!:lmao:

Feel free to also PM me if you need more info!

Robert

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I am now scheduled to go back for round 2 of interviews next week. Not sure of travel plans yet, but if that goes well then round 3 will be the "get acquainted with the area". Look at some homes and just get a feel for the local area.

Will touch base with some of you via PM if I actually get the offer and plan a 3rd trip.

Thanks for the info so far.

David.

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A quick update. I have a formal job offer. Wife and I will be making a trip up to look at the area, primarily the housing situation. I think from looking online the biggest problem will be finding a 3 car garage in our price range.

Have to check out the cost of living factors between here (saint louis area) and buffalo, and I suspect the tax situation is not favorable. But the good news remains, a job.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have verbally accepted the job offer. Start date is June 29th.

Congratulations! If you wish to join our NY/CT region, please let me know! Or you could contact Daniel Lesser (Viper Specialty) as you are closer to the region he's in: Canada. WELCOME and good luck~!!! :2tu::drive: ~juli

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the title "Buffalo owners" was worried that the new rage in pets was Buffalo's !
Good luck with your decision!!!!

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well completed my first couple of weeks of work in Orchard Park. Finally found temp hsg until the home is sold. Decided to stay in the CITY. Found an appartment near Elmwood on W. Ferry. For now it is just me, wife is staying in Saint Louis until home is sold.

Place has a 4 car garage and have to negotiate for a second spot in it for the Viper. Will be driving up this Monday to have my DD there and then decide when to ship up the Viper. So now I can start to check out the events and prepare for some fun.

Hope to see some of you soon!!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to look into the Niagara Falls Run (15 minute drive for you!) come September. Should be about 100 Vipers there! :yay:

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, what a nightmare of a move. Sold the house in STL and have a contract on a home in Orchard Park, but this may not go well. Too long of a story for now.

In temp housing in Orchard Park for the time being. Viper is finally here and found a storage location near 219/20A. Of course now that the car is finally here, nothing but rain forecasted for the next several days. Anxious to drive the car since it has not been on the street since early Aug.

Let me know if anything is going to happen in the buff area....ready to take the car for a spin and meet some of the local viper folks. While staying in housing near elmwood saw a few vipers, blue/white, one red and one yellow 03 or 04.

Oh, any special prep work to store the car for seemingly months? Don't have access to power in the storage so no tender possible. Oil is fresh, will inflate tires to high pressure. Can't think of much else to do.

David

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, what a nightmare of a move. Sold the house in STL and have a contract on a home in Orchard Park, but this may not go well. Too long of a story for now.

In temp housing in Orchard Park for the time being. Viper is finally here and found a storage location near 219/20A. Of course now that the car is finally here, nothing but rain forecasted for the next several days. Anxious to drive the car since it has not been on the street since early Aug.

Let me know if anything is going to happen in the buff area....ready to take the car for a spin and meet some of the local viper folks. While staying in housing near elmwood saw a few vipers, blue/white, one red and one yellow 03 or 04.

Oh, any special prep work to store the car for seemingly months? Don't have access to power in the storage so no tender possible. Oil is fresh, will inflate tires to high pressure. Can't think of much else to do.

David

Hi David,

Sorry about the weather- this year SUCKED! We might get a couple of nice days over the next week or two, and we usually keep the cars out until the first time they salt the roads... then its over for the season.

Really no special work to store the car. Just make sure the fluids are fresh, take it out for a nice long drive the day before, and once it is parked after that drive, dont re-start it or you will put condensation back into the fluids. I personally say DONT start the car unless you plan to drive it over the winter months, it just puts condensation and undue wear on the engine. You can raise the tire pressures if you like, but its better to just manually roll the car once a month a couple feet back and forth.

If you dont have power, disconnect the battery cable under the hood, and pull the fuses out of the fuse box in the trunk to isolate the battery as best you can-otherwise it will self discharge- if it discharges and freezes, thats the end of that battery. Removing the battery is the best solution, but kind of a pain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang