Build Options

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope---was actually referring to JK building a GTS and still wanting to add the SRT Touring Package to the GTS after being told it's included.

Bill

Doh! I totally forgot that this package is included in the GTS, even though I've read that countless times...

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope---was actually referring to JK building a GTS and still wanting to add the SRT Touring Package to the GTS after being told it's included.

Bill

Mr. Smog Dog,

Thanks for the clarification. I did not see your reply, but thanks. Instead I saw a later post from garetjax1 reply first which said what it was, but did not say it was included with the GTS package so I responded that I would like those features.

Any how, this is just fun conversation, no reason to be so critical.

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last Viper was an 06 Coupe GTS Blue. My garage is empty and waiting to next spring to figure my next purchase. At this point, this would be what I would order:

[G] Model: (S)RT / (G)TS

<snip/>

[-] SRT Track Package

Hey, so can I pick your brain on why you didn't opt for the track package? Did you seriously consider it? While no official pricing is available, I think the P Zero Corsas are going to be pretty pricey (~4k) based off guesstimates off tirerack and the like.. I may do one or two track days a year, so, while the added performance is sorely tempting, I am not sure i can justify tires that will probably be 2x as much, and last something closer to half as long as the regular P Zeros. I'll hold off on the final decision until I hear something on pricing from the dealership, but I am very curious as to where people are leaning on this particular option.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, so can I pick your brain on why you didn't opt for the track package? Did you seriously consider it? While no official pricing is available, I think the P Zero Corsas are going to be pretty pricey (~4k) based off guesstimates off tirerack and the like.. I may do one or two track days a year, so, while the added performance is sorely tempting, I am not sure i can justify tires that will probably be 2x as much, and last something closer to half as long as the regular P Zeros. I'll hold off on the final decision until I hear something on pricing from the dealership, but I am very curious as to where people are leaning on this particular option.

I just took a peek at the spec sheet, looks like a nice option indeed.

I guess the main reasons that would discourage me from adding that option are the following:
1)If there is really an issue in not letting the tires drop below 32 degrees when the car is stored - I live in the northeast w/o a heated garage
2)Not a big fan of black wheels
3)I don't plan on actually tracking the car so not sure other than re-sale why I would purchase this option.

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took a peek at the spec sheet, looks like a nice option indeed.

I guess the main reasons that would discourage me from adding that option are the following:
1)If there is really an issue in not letting the tires drop below 32 degrees when the car is stored - I live in the northeast w/o a heated garage
2)Not a big fan of black wheels
3)I don't plan on actually tracking the car so not sure other than re-sale why I would purchase this option.

Hey, thanks for your thoughts on that... Sounds like we have a similar situation in terms of climate. Temps change really quickly each day, too, out this way.

Tirerack has a quick blurb on storing Track & Competition DOT tires...

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of the black wheel but love sticky tires.

Heh, me too! Though I hope they are priced somewhat reasonably (2-3k) vs. 4k+ as I really like to drive and put 10k+ miles on my fun car usually, in a season. I think the lifespan on the P Zero Corsas is in the 6-8k range.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The option Im most interested in is the financing. Hows about 0.9% for 84 months? :)

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a couple of videos, Ralph tells about the hundreds of interior options available to the customer because all the interior is wrapped. Is he saying that Chrysler will have a custom shop that will make custom interiors at customer order or that the factory will have additional options as time passes?:dunno:

OP
OP
G

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO it really sounds like the former... In recent years, I really think Porsche has set the tone for customization, though others (notably Ferrari, Lamborghini) have taken this to new heights in terms of materials, craftsmanship. It sounds like SRT is attempting to replicate some elements of this. I say 'some' because I think they are much more conscious of the price-point at which they need to hover around. No one bats an eye at a 200k 911 Turbo S (though, perhaps they should given the insane depreciation). I think it will take some years for SRT to establish its bona fides in the customization department, but it sounds like Ralph is pointing SRT in that direction, which I applaud.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave