Bullrun Viper

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw a preview on SpeedTV for the next Bullrun series which airs in February. They showed a GenII Hennessey Viper among the competitors. If you haven't seen the series before, it's pretty silly at times (IMO...a lot of typical reality TV crap), but it is entertaining because of some of the cars on the show. There's no way I would put a car I even half way cared about through some of the events in that show, regardless of the prize....which is $200,000 this time around.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a Viper to make the show. It should do really well given the hwy mileage. It would be a hard car to beat in any of the challenges on pavement. However the challenges on dirt will be very interesting...

bumblebee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cannot wait..! my 10 year old motor head son loves that show. We have a great time watching it every year. Glad too see a snake in it this year!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think a viper would do well in that show. if i remember right, last year those cars saw snow, contestants jumping in and out of their cars really fast, and some pretty knarly terrain that really only a large suv or truck could get through. remember the cars being chased around the track through the mud by the police cars? i guess if a vette could make it though . . .

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure, if you've seen the show (it is very entertaining) the Viper drivers will be a couple of complete tools. I hope I'm wrong though. A fuel efficient all wheel drive pick up would be my choice vehicle for that show.

OP
OP
SA HEAT

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go for something light and with AWD. Maybe a Subaru WRX or an Audi Quattro.

The Mitsubishi Evolution (AWD) from last year was destroyed....the car was made for that show, but the "tools" on the show completely sucked at driving it.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mitsubishi Evolution (AWD) from last year was destroyed....the car was made for that show, but the "tools" on the show completely sucked at driving it.

Yeah, you can have the best car in the world but if you have idiots that drive it there's nothing you can do :dunno:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that show... pretty damn entertaining!

I think an Audi RS4 would be the perfect car for that show, but I would never put my car through those challenges.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the preview as well. I was wondering if it was anyone on here.

I thought about putting my GTS in the competition since I know the roads they are using like the back of my hand. But the way the cars are treated just ticks me off.
The problem I have with the show is that they put all these nice cars on and then put them on some terrible roads and challenges. The roads are better suited for my grandma's cadillac and the challenges are for 4x4s. I wish the challenges were more performance oriented and more about driving than who's car will make it through in one piece.

I hope the Viper does well, but I doubt it. This show should be called the Off-road ****** Challenge.

Last edited:

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did that Dart do in last years series? Looked like a great car. I moved and couldn't get cable so I never found out how it did.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did that Dart do in last years series? Looked like a great car. I moved and couldn't get cable so I never found out how it did.

I believe the owner of the car was showing off after a challenge and ended up putting it on its roof.... They eventually got eliminated....

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's vid I found on youtube
I think this is the Viper in the commercial
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ampi0MEQBmc&feature=related[/media]
anyone know him?
I'm gonna check with my Supra buddies to see what they know

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far none of the Supra guys in UT know him, but a couple of other people chimed in to say he is pretty cool. Even the guy from Team NSX posted that the Viper/Supra guy does not get on the forums much, but that he is a cool guy.
I'm not sure if non-members can see the posts, but here is my thread over at Supraforums on this topic.
Bullrun 3 - guy from UT - Supraforums.com

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly they pick the contestants based on entertainment value, and based on that video it is going to be entertaining! If they make it far enough into the challenges, the sidekick will probably end up driving. I'm actually looking forward to the show, and based on last season, modified cars only do well when the owners can drive AND wrench. A couple of dingy chicks driving moms Lexus almost won last season. Somehow I can see that fiberglass snowplow front end on that car ending up in shards.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far none of the Supra guys in UT know him, but a couple of other people chimed in to say he is pretty cool. Even the guy from Team NSX posted that the Viper/Supra guy does not get on the forums much, but that he is a cool guy.
I'm not sure if non-members can see the posts, but here is my thread over at Supraforums on this topic.
Bullrun 3 - guy from UT - Supraforums.com

So if I'm reading the thread correct, their is no Viper on the show. The guys driving his Supra.:eater:

OP
OP
SA HEAT

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The preview for the shows starting in February shows a grey Hennessey Viper....my guess is that the show has already or is currently being taped and the contestants are sworn to secrecy or they face forfeiting any money they've won (which is usually paid after the show is aired - same as game show rules).

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I'm reading the thread correct, their is no Viper on the show. The guys driving his Supra.:eater:
No, he owns both and auditioned with both, but the Viper was picked. I just wanted to see if any of the Supra guys knew him since he also has a Supra. He doesn't seem to post on here but he used to post over there.

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viper is a terrible car for that show...i'd rather take my first gen camaro just for the ease of getting in/out.

i think the best vehicle to use on the show is one of those supercharged AMG mercedes G wagons...they are fast, have ground clearance/4wd, probably decent mileage, comfortable, easy to get in, etc.