Buyer beware- 2004 raffle car for sale

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had been negotiating for over 5 months to purchase the custom Soroka painted Flame car from the widow of the original owner. Her son in law kept on delaying and dodging my requests for detailed pictures and accident information for months. At first he told me the car was in immaculate condition, but through Autocheck I found out about the accident. The son-in-law told that the car was hit in an intersection by someone who ran a red light, and that Soroka had been brought in for a proper fix. Upon speaking to Bob Soroka personally, he let me know that the information I was given was a lie. He simply gave the paint code for the House of Colors paint.

I had requested the name of the repair shop numerous times from the seller, and was never given the information- what was he trying to hide I don't know:dunno: I also never received detailed pictures of the paintwork so I could compare them to the Viper Historical Society's picture set.

Well, the car was sold out from under me to a dealer up in NJ who currently has the car up for sale on "that bidding site". All the pictures in the ad are 6 years old, and when I asked the seller why he didn't post current shots he emailed me back that they were taken this week- a flat out lie. Whoever buys this car needs to see it in person and find out how the repairs were completed and to what level of expertise the paint repair was performed! Bob said that it was originally a very in-depth process that would take a true professional to replicate, yet I get the feeling that the repair might have been Bubba'd. Also, the chin has sustained some serious scrapes since the accident and would need to be repainted again already:smirk:

If you are serious about buying it drop me a PM so we can discuss.

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done for posting this information up, this is one of the great reasons to be part of the VCA, these people who try and hide faults in their cars should be shot in my book :mad:

As you say if things had been done properly the repairs would have been well documented.

Hang em High :mad:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if anyone needs help to look at this ugly car, let me know. if its in NJ, i might be able to help.

who is the dealer ?

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know where the car you really want is :D

I had been negotiating for over 5 months to purchase the custom Soroka painted Flame car from the widow of the original owner. Her son in law kept on delaying and dodging my requests for detailed pictures and accident information for months. At first he told me the car was in immaculate condition, but through Autocheck I found out about the accident. The son-in-law told that the car was hit in an intersection by someone who ran a red light, and that Soroka had been brought in for a proper fix. Upon speaking to Bob Soroka personally, he let me know that the information I was given was a lie. He simply gave the paint code for the House of Colors paint.

I had requested the name of the repair shop numerous times from the seller, and was never given the information- what was he trying to hide I don't know:dunno: I also never received detailed pictures of the paintwork so I could compare them to the Viper Historical Society's picture set.

Well, the car was sold out from under me to a dealer up in NJ who currently has the car up for sale on "that bidding site". All the pictures in the ad are 6 years old, and when I asked the seller why he didn't post current shots he emailed me back that they were taken this week- a flat out lie. Whoever buys this car needs to see it in person and find out how the repairs were completed and to what level of expertise the paint repair was performed! Bob said that it was originally a very in-depth process that would take a true professional to replicate, yet I get the feeling that the repair might have been Bubba'd. Also, the chin has sustained some serious scrapes since the accident and would need to be repainted again already:smirk:

If you are serious about buying it drop me a PM so we can discuss.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be afraid to see that car in person, it's scary enough in the pictures.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that must have been one helluva blow out sale, if you were still considering it, knowing that history. And a dealer bought it, sight unseen. Looks rough. And the paint color is a tough one.. I bet he'll have that car for a while.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done for posting this information up, this is one of the great reasons to be part of the VCA, these people who try and hide faults in their cars should be shot in my book :mad:

As you say if things had been done properly the repairs would have been well documented.

Hang em High :mad:

I could'nt have said it better myself!:2tu:

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that must have been one helluva blow out sale, if you were still considering it, knowing that history. And a dealer bought it, sight unseen. Looks rough. And the paint color is a tough one.. I bet he'll have that car for a while.

Mid $30's for a 1-off Raffle car, I'd say it was definitely worth consideration! If the seller had been even the least bit cooperative I would have flown down to Florida to have it looked over properly. But, it was like pulling my own teeth to get any pictures or information out of him:crazy2:

I had already spoken to Bob Soroka and he offered to repaint the nose piece for me if I shipped it to him in Detroit. I feel that a historically significant Viper like this could be "restored" and still have excellent value down the road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what panels were "re,re" painted (from the accident) on the car? So, the car that is "currently" for sale on ebay, is still in transit? Is that why he cant take pics of it yet? Interesting story.. I'd love to see what was refinished from the accident amd see how it blends.

how did Soroka do the original work. All panels were off the car? Or no? I didnt. Soroka is an artist. Not a collison repair shop, right? So he owuld most likely not want to get involved in the collision work.

In the end your probably better off.. That car is difficult to look at... But hey, thats me

Since when did "Happy Hour" start at 3:30pm in Florida? I guess with everyone eating at the 5pm early bird special time they had to push back early drinking time too eh;)

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nevermind, was typing from a remote source. And Ive already spent too much time on this thread. Looks like everything worked out for the best. good luck

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all good Taxi- just bustin your b@lls a bit:D

The raffle car I would really like to own would be the 2002 GTS Blue and silver striped ACR:2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bid is up to $48k. I wonder how the buyer is going to feel when he takes delivery of the car and realizes that the pictures were from 6 years ago and the "new" tires are the originals:nono:

How does EBay legally deal with something like this??

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the ad:

THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO PREVIEW MY 2004 DODGE VIPER. THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA CAR. IT IS IN ABSOLUTE PERFECT CONDITION:rolaugh::lmao:

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It needs a dolphin painted on the hood.

It wasn't anywhere near the realm of "Remy World" :nono: The fact that it had historical significance to the VCA makes it a unique and collector worthy Viper in my mind. Plus, I feel that Bob Soroka did an amazing job on it.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know someone who was going to buy it and went to Florida. He said the paint was in terrible condition as well as the rest of the car. He had the same issues as you but did actually see the car in person. What a shame that idiot got his hands on a beautiful car like that. Total waste.

Gibsoncw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay read the whole thread and wanted to let you know. My husband and I flew to NJ to see this car even took our paint guy and mechanic with us. The car needed very minor paint work and the paint job is amazing. Needless to say after all was said and done the car was put on a transport and made it here to Texas yesterday. I love it and can't wait to bring it out and about. This is our second viper and I just joined the VCA so I hope to make tons of friends and attend tons of events. Thanks so much C...

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Okay read the whole thread and wanted to let you know. My husband and I flew to NJ to see this car even took our paint guy and mechanic with us. The car needed very minor paint work and the paint job is amazing. Needless to say after all was said and done the car was put on a transport and made it here to Texas yesterday. I love it and can't wait to bring it out and about. This is our second viper and I just joined the VCA so I hope to make tons of friends and attend tons of events. Thanks so much C...

Welcome to the BEST CAR CLUB ON THE PLANET!!! Hope you enjoy your new ride, and for christ's sake DRIVE IT!

Gibsoncw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the welcome. I can't wait to get it out and have some fun. Plan on driving it as much as I can. It only has a little over 6K miles on it right now but by the end of the year ya never know.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the welcome. I can't wait to get it out and have some fun. Plan on driving it as much as I can. It only has a little over 6K miles on it right now but by the end of the year ya never know.

Congrats on your acquisition. I was seriously Jonesing for this car, but the seller was such a waste job that I could never get things in motion. I suspect the dealer had his act together somewhat which made it easier on you. If you need Bob Soroka's contact information please drop me a PM. He told me that he has a large number of photos taken of the car during it's build.

ENJOY it in good health, and get some new PS2's on it ASAP for safety sake.

Gibsoncw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your acquisition. I was seriously Jonesing for this car, but the seller was such a waste job that I could never get things in motion. I suspect the dealer had his act together somewhat which made it easier on you. If you need Bob Soroka's contact information please drop me a PM. He told me that he has a large number of photos taken of the car during it's build.

ENJOY it in good health, and get some new PS2's on it ASAP for safety sake.

Actually talked to Bob this morning, really nice guy by the way. He is sending me some videos and pictures that were done while he was painting it. Have my order in for the PS2's as well... Won best in show Easter Sunday at my very first show. Thinking about adding a Paxton SC to it and polished stainless steel headers while I am on vacation next month. But I'm not 100% sure yet. Sorry the sale did not work out for you, buttttttttt kinda glad too because that put it in my garage... ;) Looking forward to making some VCA events and learning so much from all of you. Thanks again

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good end, this 1 of 1 car is now in the hands of someone who'll take good care to get it back to #1 condition.

Regards,
Aaron

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten