Buying in the classifieds....

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So how does it work?

I have been scammed on ebay before and I have to tell the truth, even thought Y'all seem like a great bunch of guys and gals, I am a little weary when you read some of the threads about how people sent off their money and never got anything in return.:dunno:

Any way to make sure you get the products and they are like they were described to be?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car, eibachs, and super charger all from the VCA forum. My transmission came from Woodhouse (site supporter). Carbon Fiber interior, flywheel, and poly mounts from PartsRack (site supporter). I know other guys in my local crew have also purchased from other members. I completely trust every member of this forum that is an owner or supporter.

This is NOTHING like ebay!

:usa:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 01 on eBay and had no problems. You just have to take some steps to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Take some of these steps to ensure a smooth transaction:

- Get A PPI done. This will ensure that the vehicle is in working condition and will let you know of any problems that will soon come up or have come up. This also allows to ensure that the vehicle exists.

- If the PPI goes well then make your best efforts to visit the car if possible. This will again ensure that the vehicle exists as well as give you the opportunity to see any problems with the vehicle. During this period I would also have previously arranged financing so that the financial transaction can take place at the same time. This way there is no bait and switch. If possibly (rarely), get the title on this same day.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just re-read the post so I wanted to clarify. If this is for an item for sale that is not a vehicle then all you have to do is pay via Paypal with the Credit Card option. I ONLY recommend paying with AMERICAN EXPRESS!

I have done this many times and have gotten ripped a few times but Amex is one heck of a credit card company. They always side with the customer first until there is proof to side otherwise. With other credit cards, I have only experienced the guilty till proven innocent philosophy and they are not very helpoful.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tman, there is a lot of BS's around but not so many on this site for that kinda stuff. ask me about the guy before you buy......

be very careful of that guy 99 r/t 10.... :)

djj68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my car here on the VCA classifides! I was going to buy from someone on the VCA classifides way before ebay or even a dealer.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought and sold a little bit on the classifieds here and never had a problem. On Ebay, I bought from a Viper owner (non-VCA member) and he ended up being a crooked, lying POS and ripped me off to the tune of $1000.00. His Ebay ID is YelloTalon and he lives in NY. His email is [email protected] . Guys like him make you wish they'd be going 150mph and have a deer step out in front of them. The only bad thing in that accident would be the world would lose an innocent deer and a Viper. If AT ALL possible, buy from a VCA member, site sponsor or at least an enthusiast/owner who posts here somewhat regularly!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..So how does it work?...........Any way to make sure you get the products and they are like they were described to be?..

Private party or dealer classified?
Does the seller have multiples, or a 1-only ?
Credit cards offer much better protections (federal) than privateers.

Ive been around here a LONG time and only hnow of 1-2 classified misrepresentations. The VCA rarely needs to enforce or ban any offenders, only ONE comes to mind.....

You are likely to be SAFE here!

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought and sold most of my parts from members here, pretty safe with active members.

Ex of people just in this thread:
-Sold a clutch to DodgeViper01
-Bought BFG DR's from v10speedluvr and he shipped them to me before he even got my check!
-Bought countless items from 99 RT/10!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found my car on here :) I did some asking around, and got a couple of members to check out the car for me, Dean even put a video on you tube so I could see the car starting and going up and down the street :2tu: I sent my monies by international bank transfer with no problems, Dean even took the car to the Docks for me :headbang: The first time I saw my car was in the UK!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought and sold most of my parts from members here, pretty safe with active members.

-Bought BFG DR's from v10speedluvr and he shipped them to me before he even got my check!

Uhhhh, your check never came. Send more money :D :rolaugh: As a thank you for the DR's, Steve tried to run me down in the CAAP parking lot in a rental Lincoln Towncar last year :omg::drive:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh yeah, I did buy my Clutch from you. Sat in my basement for two years before install but man was it worth it! :drive:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sellers need to be wary as well. Received a questionable certified check today for an item I'm selling. Had my bank call the issuing bank and the recommendation was to wait 10 business days to make sure it doesn't get returned. :mad:

OP
OP
T

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea I deal with a lot of bad checks....

I really want to buy a set of wheels.... I have seen some on ebay and are also listed here, but the descriptions didn't match...so I stayed away.

I still owe a couple of VCA members a call about wheels they might be able to sell. It's hard breaking away from work to place those calls. I ain't the cheapest guy in the world, but I can't afford to be taken and I like to shop for the best deal. That's the way I bought my car, Phil will remember, must have went through 10-12 of them before I found the "right" deal. (wasn't the cheapest by the way, just the best combo of price, mileage and distance.)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems buying but when I have been selling I have had at least 3 people commit to purchasing an item and when it comes time for them to send money they don't and no responses.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems buying but when I have been selling I have had at least 3 people commit to purchasing an item and when it comes time for them to send money they don't and no responses.

Wish people were like me:D. I drove 2hrs (halfway):D to meet KNG SNKE when he bought my wheels.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish people were like me:D. I drove 2hrs (halfway):D to meet KNG SNKE when he bought my wheels.

Yep! Great customer service there!!! I was willing to make the trip but he offered to meet me half way. Now if everyone will stop pointing the gun and pull the trigger already on my OEM's.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought and sold a little bit on the classifieds here and never had a problem. On Ebay, I bought from a Viper owner (non-VCA member) and he ended up being a crooked, lying POS and ripped me off to the tune of $1000.00. His Ebay ID is YelloTalon and he lives in NY. His email is [email protected] . Guys like him make you wish they'd be going 150mph and have a deer step out in front of them. The only bad thing in that accident would be the world would lose an innocent deer and a Viper. If AT ALL possible, buy from a VCA member, site sponsor or at least an enthusiast/owner who posts here somewhat regularly!!
Maybe you should tell us how you really feel about that loser... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960