Buying new wheels... All feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also posted this in the "RT/10 and GTS Discussions (1992-2002)" I hope that is ok...

So, I haven't logged into this forum since May of 08, but it's about that time when I'm going to spend more money on my car. This year I am buying new tires and wheels for my car.

As you know, I have a 1996 B&W GTS with the stock 17s.

Originally I planned on going the 19s all around route... however, I've been thinking of going 20s all around... I really don't want to get myself in a tricky situation though. Are there are a lot of people out there who have 20s all around or 19s in front and 20s on the rear on their GEN 2 1996-2002 VIPER? Will the tires rub against the fender? Do you have to lower or raise the car going from 17s to 19s or even 20s? I honestly just want to buy new wheels, jack the car up and put them on.. not really looking for any difficult process, but I also heard if your getting 19s or 20s or any new wheel for that matter to go with the Eibach Springs rather then keeping stock; however my buddy had Eibach Springs and his car used to rub all the time so he went back with stock springs and it runs great now.

I also heard going from 17s to a larger wheel size will offset the spedometer and you have to reset the computer to configure it with the new wheel size since the car will be slower until you do so.

I have been very interested in the Iforged 20x13 rear and 20x10 front ClassicII's polished face with chrome 5" rear lip and 3" front.. and was told having eibach springs are a must have with these wheels...

I also know getting new tires could be pricey too..
I was told by someone to go with the Kuhmo tires.. since they stated I will only get 12-15k miles out of them but they are "stickier" and cheaper than the Michelin PS2's. The Michelin's will last longer but cost more, and unless your gonna drive 5-8K miles a year on your car, all tires get "hard" after 3-4+ years anyway despite tread depth and
once they get "hard" they **** bad for traction. I will most likely get the PS2's regardless, but any info on tires would be helpful as well.

I think this guy who owns this car below, his name is Matt.. it's been awhile but I saved these pics because this is the EXACT setup I really want. However, I will definitely keep an open mind if anyone knows of other nice wheels as well. I'm pretty stuck on the 5star design though.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I would really appreciate all feedback. If anyone also knows of any good deals as well- please PM me and let me know.. I really appreciate it, thank you.

-Anthony

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks fantastic! Are you not able to contact this Matt guy? Do be prepare for a harsher ride and wheel damage from sloppy driving (we all have our bad moments now & then) and bad roads. Those look like 20s; maybe consider 19s.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matt Chambers is his name, he is an Iforged dealer. He goes by GTSNRT10, I know he frequents VA.

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words:2tu:

costanZo, I will be happy to answer any questions and get started on your build as soon as you're ready:)
I pm'd you my number already, I will try again;)

Matt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave