C6 Corvette only 405HP

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - I am in Germany so it would be at least a month before I can read my MT. Man, the C6 sounds really impressive. I will patiently wait for the Z06 in a few years.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with those who say that the Corvette will push Dodge to put up or shut up when it comes to horsepower. What is the solution for Dodge? How about a 550 hp SRT-Coupe?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were still guessing when they wrote that article.
The best current guesses for the C6 Corvette are 400-425HP, 3100lbs, $45K.

From the recent real pictures revealed, you can see that MT ws working from the previous spy shots, and photoshopped the nose and tail.

Real pics:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

The GOOD news in this for Viper owners is that at the SEMA show PVO revealed a lighter, carbon fiber enhanced, SRT-10 Viper "ACR" weighing 3200lbs, and having 625HP. :laugh: And the new C6 Corvette and upcoming Z06 model will likely do more to push DC to come out with a more powerful, faster Viper than the uninspiring, incremental changes done to the Porsche 911, Acura NSX and Ferrari 360.

-Dean.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not too impressed here. Looks like 8 million other Vettes that are on the road today. Buy one and blend into oblivion (that should be their motto).

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks OK, but like every other C5 on the road! Overall though, I think it will be a great car! And for a great price.
I am glad GM can put out some American Muscle that will make others take notice, and push Dodge to give us a 625hp Viper Coupe in the near future! :usa:
Just look how much attention we have given the C6, waiting to see what it's all about! I am sure DC is watching too! I hope the ZO6 pushes 500hp! :headbang: Competition is good, but there hasn't been much up to now!

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
incremental changes done to the Porsche 911
I could only imagine what that ACR would cost if it were to come out with that power and extras, it'd be a hell of a lot more then the difference between the previous GTS and ACR. But they better bring out a damn coupe with at least 550hp, or their going to be SOL soon, aren't the sales slagging for the SRT? I know the dealers here can't move theirs, but have no problem selling a used GTS or RT, one exotic place here has had 2 (black and a silver) for months now with no bites, think they just sold the black one though.

About the Porsche, I kept hearing rumors that they might bring out a wide body Turbo with the Cayennes V8TT engine, that would make for a beast, that engine is already responding awsome to tuning. I would love a wide body turbo with the Cayennes torque monster V8, mmmm yummy.

Dodge better step up though, it looks like the new regular C6 will offer basically current ZO6 performance, and the new ZO6 is going to be insane if it comes out with it's targeted weight and power :eek:

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT-Coupe :headbang: SRT-Coupe :headbang: SRT-Coupe :headbang: SRT-Coupe :headbang: SRT-Coupe :headbang: SRT-Coupe :headbang:

sorry i need DC attention :D

damn just say "we are thinking" give us hope :confused:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 405 is like 40 more than the current stock C5. So now all the windbreakers will be driving Z-06's basically, scary thought!!!

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 405 is like 40 more than the current stock C5. So now all the windbreakers will be driving Z-06's basically, scary thought!!!

I bet the C5-based Z-06 Vette will be worthless now that the regular Corvette has the same horsepower. I feel a big price drop coming. :eek:

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garolittle,
The prices of ZO6's are already down (buy a 1 year old one and save 10 grand). The question in my mind is though despite the same HP (assuming that turns out to be the case) what is the weight of the car, etc.. I bet the current ZO6 will still be faster than the new "regular" corvette.
The C6 ZO6, now that's a whole different story. Also, I can't see how they can keep a 500HP+ ZO6 to $50K! If it goes 60-70K, the older ZO6's may still hold some value. Just my $.02.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garolittle,
The prices of ZO6's are already down (buy a 1 year old one and save 10 grand). The question in my mind is though despite the same HP (assuming that turns out to be the case) what is the weight of the car, etc.. I bet the current ZO6 will still be faster than the new "regular" corvette.
The C6 ZO6, now that's a whole different story. Also, I can't see how they can keep a 500HP+ ZO6 to $50K! If it goes 60-70K, the older ZO6's may still hold some value. Just my $.02.

Excellent points. I have to tip my hat to GM for producing a car with such value. It is hard to argue with the fact that a Corvette produces a tremendous amount of horsepower for the money. It is truly a fine automobile.

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Only"??

Hell, basicly every C6 will be as fast as a Z06. That's nothing to sneeze at. :eek:

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Only"??

Hell, basicly every C6 will be as fast as a Z06. That's nothing to sneeze at. :eek:

I agree. The new C6's right off the lot should be just as fast as a stock Gen II Viper due to the Vette weighing in at a couple hundred pounds less (from what I read.) I currenty have a Viper and Z06 in my garage and they are near identicle in roll ons from the same gear.

But I also agree that the C6 looks too similar to normal vettes and will probably just blend in. The average person probably wont even notice that they are the next generation. Performance aside, that is reason enough to keep the Viper.