Calgary owner

TCMViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought last fall a 1995 RT/10 with 29000km on it (orig canadian car formerly owned by theo fleury)ROE exhaust ,wing and two sets of wheels and tires + lots of extras hard top windows clutch etc paid $38000.00 canadian want to know if it was a good deal?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your happy with the car then it was a good deal. Thats all that can be said. It sounds about fair to me. Now get your VIN info to the moderators so they can change your status to owner. THen send in your check to VCA so you can be a Member and enjoy all the great benefits of the club and the members only areas of this site. congrats on the car and now lets see some pics!!!

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its a clean car and comes with the goodies you mentioned and you bought it last year you did ok. Canadian cars usually tend to sell at a higher sticker price due to the difference in cdn&us currency values. I find if you can buy a Canadian Viper for within 10-20% of the sticker price you would have paid in the US, given the current currency exchange rate, that you probably paid a fair price.

Example if you or I buy at $50Kcdn in Canada...we probably could have got the same thing in the States for $40-45Kusd.

NS

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At todays exchange you would have paid $28500.00 US. This takes into account exchange rate and GST, does not include shipping or any cross border fees. If the car is clean sounds like you got a great deal and it only has 19000 miles. Nice to see another Viper in the Calgary area. Join the VCA you wont regret it :2tu:

OP
OP
T

TCMViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your input i will post pix as soon as i can get it out of my garage..18" of snow still

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds not bad. Plus if it was Theo Fleury's car there should still be a few hundred pounds of ******* stashed in there somewhere....LOL. You could sell that and get a ROE Super charger to boot. My buddy has a 2000 GTS for sale. He'll take $40,000.00 Canadian for it. It's black with about 80000 kms on it. Nice car. Post some pics of yours. I'll be in Calgary with mine a few times this summer, Make sure you watch the Canada section and see what plans there are for cruises and track day events etc.

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey TCM

Over all you got a decent deal. But if the motor has not had the head gaskets changed or the cylinder sleeves reset then be prepared for this sometime in the future. On all of the Gen 1’s it is only a matter of time. Even taking this into the cost in the future you will still have a fair deal.

Hope to see you later this summer.

Regards

Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery