Can I afford a Viper ?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal, but be sure it hasn't been wrecked. I believe a frequenter of this board, tomatper, is in your area, and perhaps could take a look at it for you (provided it's in your area). Also, will it be your only car? You probably would want to familize yourself with the gen1 vipers, esp. since it doesn't have real windows, etc., before jumping on it...

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would be careful...make sure it hasn't been wreck or something major wrong with it. I sold my wreck Viper I bought for $40K (Which I didn't know at the time at purchase). I put 22K miles on it and turned around an sold it for $35k (43K miles). The viper ran great, but had frame damage and body damage. I disclosed this to the buyer and sold it!

I also won some money back on the deal with a out of court settlement with this dishonest dealer.

Car fax to me is useless! I did a car fax on mine and it showed clean.

But who knows! Your deal could be legit and a steal! I hope you are not planning to use it as a daily driver...no windows!! Bad in rain too!

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As others have said check the car out very careful. Imaging getting the car and having a blown head gasket? or engine rebuild due to shifted cylinder liner. This is not going to be cheap $10K for engine rebuild, $4K for a transmission, $1,500 for a new set of tires (just round about $$) labor is not expensive the parts are. Yea the car is a good deal if nothing goes wrong, but the real question is can you afford that type of repair bill if something does goes wrong?