Can warranty work be performed anywhere?

Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an extended (7 year) warranty on my 01 RT/10. I'd like to know if I can take my Viper anywhere to get warranty work done or if I have to go to a Dodge dealership?

I've have pretty bad past experiences with Dodge dealerships, so I stay away as much as I can... but then can I use my warranty with other local shops?

-- Greg

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So you think its better to take your Viper to a local shop that has probably never touched one before? For the love of all thats Holy, dont do it man!

Find other owners in your area and find out where they take their cars. Thats half the fun of owning one of these beasts.

Please tell us whereabouts you are located so others reading this post can point you to a local dealer who has a good reputation. Also, this way, if your local fellow Viper owners see you pulling into a Jiffy Lube, they can take your keys away :p

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg, you are soooo right. STAY away from most Dodge dealerships. I learned the hard way as so many others have. I also have the same ext. warranty and unfortunately it is only honored at ----well,you know!! Hope it does not break.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an extended (7 year) warranty on my 01 RT/10. I'd like to know if I can take my Viper anywhere to get warranty work done or if I have to go to a Dodge dealership?

I've have pretty bad past experiences with Dodge dealerships, so I stay away as much as I can... but then can I use my warranty with other local shops?

-- Greg

Only at Dodge Dealerships. Depending on where you are located, there are many quality Viper service techs working at dealerships that desire to work on Vipers. Yes there are some duds out there, but there are also some great ones. If the dealership has a certified Viper technician, odds are you'll get better service. You may need to drive a way, for me the nearest quality Viper tech is an hour up the road, but he does a good job at a fair price.

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg where do you live? maybe i can help you find not just a certified but a qualified viper technician.contact me at work 516-249-1040

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Usually, the product is warrantied through the manufacturer's dealers, in this case Dodge dealships. But, only go to a dealership with a certified Viper technician.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact your local VCA president and discuss warranty options. Most regions have relationships with the best dealers for Viper warranty work.

OP
OP
G

Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you think its better to take your Viper to a local shop that has probably never touched one before? For the love of all thats Holy, dont do it man!

Find other owners in your area and find out where they take their cars. Thats half the fun of owning one of these beasts.

Please tell us whereabouts you are located so others reading this post can point you to a local dealer who has a good reputation. Also, this way, if your local fellow Viper owners see you pulling into a Jiffy Lube, they can take your keys away :p

Ah... no noooo... I didn't mean to bring it to Jiffy Lube! :p

I don't plan on bringing it just about anywhere!!!
Turns out I do most of my viper work @ Valaya Racing in San Jose (Hi Ted!)... got it back yesterday with new headers, high flow cats, borla exhaust... kewl stuff!

I took my Viper a few times (2 water pumps died on me - those impellers were defective and I was lucky to get 2 of the defective set that was built) to a Dodge dealership (Steven's Creek Dodge) and I wasn't really impressed by the care.
While the job was mechanically taken care of (sort of... gotta go back and forth a few times before we narrow it down - sometimes they just don't seem to be able to fix it (damn weatherstrips!) at all and I give up cuz I'd rather drive than wait), they show little respect for the paint. Every time I came out of it, the viper came out with new scratches (not minor ones either)... and at one point I was so upset I _had_ to have the Service Manager _sign_ a paper stating they would polish the car for me.

Anyway: long story short - if I _can_ I'd rather have warranty work done by Valaya, and reimbursed by my warranty provider. I'm happy to pay for the difference in labor costs!

Sorry if I sounded like I wanted to take the car to some little cheapo shop for quick fixes :)
No no noooo!

Thanks guys for your replies!

-- Greg

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg,
I am assuming you have a Chrysler ext. warr.
I would read your warranty contract...But me thinks you need to take it to a DC dealer for the repairs....Only possible exception may be if you were stranded in the middle of nowhere with no dealer within so many miles...repairs could be made and get paid back by DC.
Cheers,

OP
OP
G

Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg where do you live? maybe i can help you find not just a certified but a qualified viper technician.contact me at work 516-249-1040

Hi,

I live in San Jose, CA.
Any recommendation around here?

Thanks in advance,

-- Greg