Can you believe this guy

TAPROOT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no question...A Viper is not for a person who wants to be pampered...Its for a person who wants raw all out performance.when pampering is needed that's where the daily driver comes in,not to mention most if not all viper owners own three or more cars and where the Viper is rarely driven.These reporters make it seem like the Viper is a car you buy as a daily driver.Its no mystery.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's actually a fairly good review when compared to most. But I don't like to drive it in the city with our Viper either, too many pedestrians get strained necks from the gawk factor, HA!

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, thats pretty favourable all things considered. This guy paid homeage to the Viper, reenforcing the legendary status the Viper earned starting even before 92...

When his only cons are tiresome ride in town, and complicated radio controls, tiny cargo space, its really laughable...

I drove my Viper to a dental appt yesterday, and didn't even count the people gawking on the freeway, and had several people at lights complimenting the car...

This reviewer needs to be the first one on a nice newly paved freeway on ramp, hit the go pedal hard, and enjoy the ride! Then he will see what it is like to merge onto a freeway at 80-100 mph...Then, Cons will be NONE!

Tomer
96 RT/10 White with Blue Stripes
PS. OK, I brake and merge at about 65 mph...

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry fellas,

I've never been a fan of his. He does occasionally have some good points on carcare but thats really it.

Jay K.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overall it's a positive review. Frankly, though, anyone who would base their decision about buying a Viper on any review instead of driving one themselves is a fool. The car is not for everyone, and no reviewer is going to change anyone's mind on anything. Still, he gets paid for doing reviews....

The one thing that struck me was his statement about "stiff clutch" and "high-effort shifter". Come on! Good thing this guy never drove a '97. The clutch on my creampuff feels like a Corvette's clutch by comparison!
laugh.gif

And if anyone wants to know what a POS shifter feels like, they should try driving a Lotus. True, a Viper shifter is not like an NSX shifter, but then Viper power is not like NSX power either....

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Venom Lover on 04-16-2002 at 12:51 PM</font>

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I didn't buy this car for creature comfort I bought it to be hammered into my seat
smile.gif
So I happen to agree with his review all the way less the radio control complications.. Maybe his car has knobs for volume and tuning..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4